Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What economy do you get out of your 202?

bigg_vin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH V8
i get more k's out of my 253 than the 202..... the 202 has a holley blue, full exhaust, HQ cam, and a couple of other things, all pollution gear is off... and i only get max 250ks of a full tank which was 55L or similar..... 253, with equivalent mods gets 350ks.

202 is auto and 253 is manual.

ENV5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec, VC SL/E V8, 2x Lada Nivas
i get 550 to 600km to a tank in my vb red 202 auto

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
man i knew my vc was bad but compared to u guys economy it was f***ed

traindriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Sedan 3.3 Injected
JDZVNHSV said:
man i knew my vc was bad but compared to u guys economy it was f***ed

Sure has opened my eyes on how crap meh VK is - sucking gas like no 2morrow.

Think I will bite the bullet, spend my 250 and get the guys at Holden to tune her up reeeeeeeal good.:yeah:

jake87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais V6 S1
yeah the aftermarket Cruise controll from supercheap, repco etc. is DIY, Easy only took me a couple of hours

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
well my mate (vk_fish) this weekend put about 90 bucks worth of fuel in his car and got about 200ks (thats city driving/burnout'ing) but its wasn't in one got its was 10 bucks here 10 bucks there he got 4 days worth of driving without spending a cent :D

Wrayza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
I get about 325-350km from a tank now, a mate and I have slowly checked more and more parts of the EFI system and its getting a little better each time.

The major one was a blocked vac port on the throttle body, incidently the one connected to the vac advance.. we had checked the advance before then but never suspected the port!

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
i rolled into the servo at 491 k's, that wasnt a bad effort i didnt think since wot it had been through on this tank (not normal, i dont normally drive like that, but it happens and i still get reasonable economy), also normally i wouldnt run it right out of fuel, but i dont really have any money so i just put a couple of bucks in 2 get me back home again

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
Wrayza said:
I get about 325-350km from a tank now, a mate and I have slowly checked more and more parts of the EFI system and its getting a little better each time.

The major one was a blocked vac port on the throttle body, incidently the one connected to the vac advance.. we had checked the advance before then but never suspected the port!

you will always get **** economy if the vacuum advance isn't working!

Wrayza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Yeah, I'll rephrase.

I had checked the vac advance visually by putting vacuum on the line, and also checked the line for blocks. But I stupidly assumed the port was fine and never checked it until now.