Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What everyone does for a living

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Work as a Logistics Manager for an Electrical goods importing company, until Mid July when I become an Implementation Consultant for a software company.

Going to be glad to get out of logistics, that's for sure.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Epic grave dig!

My post from around 9 years ago:

I finished the HSC at end of 1997.

Completed Bachelor of Engineering (Mining) end of 2001.

Worked as underground coal miner, underground metal miner, underground truck driver & mining engineer until Sep 2003.

Commenced PhD (Mining Engineering) Sep 2003.

Did post grad until end of 2006 at uni, got fed up with it, went back to work as a mining engineer at the start of 2007.

Quit that job after 1.5 years, went into a consultancy as a geotech engineer. Been here ever since.

Finally finished post grad in 2009 after I transferred it to part time. Would not do that again.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Is this a record thread dig. Eight and a half years?

Least they searched.

So true. People either get "ah ffs, use the search" or "ah ffs, stop thread digging". It's lose lose.

FWIW, I am a senior IT manager - to use the most generic title I could come up with.

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
I drive a container forklift for a living. 9 years later i still enjoy my job.

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
So true. People either get "ah ffs, use the search" or "ah ffs, stop thread digging". It's lose lose.

so true Raj, so true... this is in the The Pub section, it's getting people talking, and look at all the interest this thread dig has sparked! (in a positive way)

oh, i am a junior IT shitkicker - to use the most generic title I could come up with, ie "have you tried turning it off and on?"

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
so true Raj, so true... this is in the The Pub section, it's getting people talking, and look at all the interest this thread dig has sparked! (in a positive way)

oh, i am a junior IT shitkicker - to use the most generic title I could come up with, ie "have you tried turning it off and on?"

Same place I started back in 1998! 16 years later and nothing more than a (barely passed) Yr12 certificate. First time I stepped foot into a University was to give a lecture! LOL! Too many people under-value the 1st level support guys when in reality, they're the most important piece of the puzzle. Stick with it if you enjoy it mate.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Well when this thread was last active I was in Year 9, and had never heard of this site. Now I have 2 qualifications (Bachelor of Nursing and paramedicine). Currently working in a very busy emergency department, but will get out in an ambulance sooner or later.

profat

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt olympic model
OK interesting thread to be sure here goes ......currently retired from automotive engineering due to health issues........had own business... also qualified as 1st class sheetmetal worker... Aircraft sheetmetal extension certificate..... .Vehicle builder..extension certificate.......welding certificate 4G......Degree in Mechanical Engineering.....and it level 3 basic computer repairs.......and still cant balance my check book.......knowledge is no great burden but in the end being unable to utilize it all due to a couple of strokes and other health issues is the hardest pill to swallow .

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
OK interesting thread to be sure here goes ......currently retired from automotive engineering due to health issues........had own business... also qualified as 1st class sheetmetal worker... Aircraft sheetmetal extension certificate..... .Vehicle builder..extension certificate.......welding certificate 4G......Degree in Mechanical Engineering.....and it level 3 basic computer repairs.......and still cant balance my check book.......knowledge is no great burden but in the end being unable to utilize it all due to a couple of strokes and other health issues is the hardest pill to swallow .

And that, my friend, is the worst thing about ageing. The Mind is willing but the body is Weak...

My old man was very adept at working with timber and derived great joy from creating things. Coronary illness, and chronic shortness of breath, stopped him from doing it years before he passed away. So much he still wanted to do but couldn't.

profat

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt olympic model
[/B]

And that, my friend, is the worst thing about ageing. The Mind is willing but the body is Weak...

so true im kinda waiting to get the brain transferred into a robot body......immortality has a nice sound to it