Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What fuel do you use?

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
i use ordinary unleaded in my cars.(whatevers cheapest at the time but normally woolies petrol with a shopping voucher)
the car runs good on that,thats whats recommended for it & thats what i use
stuff paying an extra 10c a litre for petrol.
in my opinion what fuel economy you might gain by using premium would be wiped out by the extra you have to spend filling your tank.

i think i've used 1 tank of premium in my life & i'm afraid it just didn't excite me that much that i would make a habit of it. :p

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
i use premium, whoevers cheapest, my car runs heaps bettter on premium

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
greengopher said:
i use ordinary unleaded in my cars.(whatevers cheapest at the time but normally woolies petrol with a shopping voucher)
the car runs good on that,thats whats recommended for it & thats what i use
stuff paying an extra 10c a litre for petrol.
in my opinion what fuel economy you might gain by using premium would be wiped out by the extra you have to spend filling your tank.

i think i've used 1 tank of premium in my life & i'm afraid it just didn't excite me that much that i would make a habit of it. :p

My Brother in law when driving to brisbane last week did a test in his corolla, using optimax he was able to drive an extra 210km over the standard stuff, thats a pretty damned good.. As for the "extra 10 cents" for an 80 litre tank it costs you $8 more...yay? lol

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
minux said:
My Brother in law when driving to brisbane last week did a test in his corolla, using optimax he was able to drive an extra 210km over the standard stuff, thats a pretty damned good.. As for the "extra 10 cents" for an 80 litre tank it costs you $8 more...yay? lol

driving to brisbane from where?

i can take my car for a long highway drive & get a lot better fuel economy than i would normally get also.And thats on the standard stuff.
i've never gone to the extreme of working it out though.

and yay!! i would much rather keep the extra $8 in my pocket LOL

casuarina26

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S1 A4
Around town and on short runs I use regular unleaded (down to Sydney), but on long trips ( to Wodonga & Melbourne) I will fill up with premium for the run. I put premium in every 7th tank to help keep the injectors clean

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
greengopher said:
driving to brisbane from where?

i can take my car for a long highway drive & get a lot better fuel economy than i would normally get also.And thats on the standard stuff.
i've never gone to the extreme of working it out though.

and yay!! i would much rather keep the extra $8 in my pocket LOL
Melbourne to brisbane

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
I use Mobile PULP I have found it pretty good on my V6, not sure about my SS yet. It seems to run okay.