Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What fuel do you use?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I'm a bit patriotic, but regarding e85 and energy security i buy United derived from Sorghum processed in Dalby, Qld, not only because it is the best but to lessen our dependence as a nation our reliance (85% on on West African (Chinese) / Singaprean / South Korean imported) shite. You should realise what the People's Liberation Army (China) is doing in order to control the politic / economics and even religion in North African third world countries to capitalise in the business opportunity. It is wholesale genocide / organised rape and murder / civil war in the name of cheap crude.
Grow our own I say, flex your fuel.

Last edited:

jamesmp

The Photo Journalist
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Members Ride
MY12 VE Commodore SS
I just checked and my closest E85 Retailer is 20 away. Might fill up with it next time I'm heading that way.

jamesmp

The Photo Journalist
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Members Ride
MY12 VE Commodore SS
Hornsby, NSW. Checked the United site.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Yeah Drummoyne / Rozelle both rock, then there's flex fuel North Rocks/Dive Dock heading east is Manly, north is Gosford.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
There is also the Caltex on the Great Western Hwy at Pendle Hill

jamesmp

The Photo Journalist
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Members Ride
MY12 VE Commodore SS
Yeah Drummoyne / Rozelle both rock, then there's flex fuel North Rocks/Dive Dock heading east is Manly, north is Gosford.

I work at Central Stn so it wouldn't be too much of a diversion to take Victoria Rd.

I've noticed even with the E10 the exhaust smells a little sweet, especially on first start.

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
Once the Caltex oil refinery closes at Kurnell, expect petrol to rise significantly. If we are going to import our fuel from Singapore then of course it will be more expensive.
E85 is the fuel that we should all be trying to use, if we have a vehicle capable of using it. We just need to get more suppliers to stock it and people to use it. A lot of people I speak to don't even know what it is. I believe there needs to be a marketing campaign to get people using it.

When I bought the VF there was nothing that came with the vehicle to say that it can use E85. There should at least be a leaflet or something. I think having E85 capability is a real selling point and is one of the reasons I bought the VF.

jamesmp

The Photo Journalist
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Members Ride
MY12 VE Commodore SS
I wouldn't worry about fuel supply, there's two in Brisbane that will be able to pick up the slack.