Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What fuel do you use?

What fuel do you use?

• Regular Unleaaded

Votes: 59 36.4%
  • Premium Unleaded 95RON

Votes: 21 13.0%
  • Premium Unleaded 98RON

Votes: 64 39.5%
  • Premium Unleaded (Ethonol) 100RON

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • LPG

Votes: 10 6.2%
  • Lead Replacement

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
Baritji said:
What about Avgas in a VZ 6 cyl? I assume it may frig up the engine, but it's worth asking I supposes! it's just that I have an unlimited supply of free Avgas, so if I can make use of it I will!!!!
why would avgas harm a fuel system.... it has the same properties as normal fuel just with a higher octane rating and longer storage life.....use it all the time in motorbikes and its good as gold

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
boona15 said:
why would avgas harm a fuel system.... it has the same properties as normal fuel just with a higher octane rating and longer storage life.....use it all the time in motorbikes and its good as gold

When i used to race bike's(years ago) i had to run avgas to stop pinging, once id had port and head work done. Works a treat. I would hate to know the price of it now...when i was riding it was $1 per litre while standard fuels were 61.9

pumba

OMR346
Reaction score
Website
www.mh-performance.com
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
i always use BP Ultimate 98RON from the BP servo oppisite the poilce station on mt lindsay highway at browns plains. or if im in a different area, ill find a BP or a caltex and use vortex if i have to.

ive only ran the VS on regular 2 or 3 times and it runs like **** so i dont use it. i found i get close to 100kms extra with BP ultimate and it cost about $5 extra so y not? lol also, it is better for the motor and makes the car run better :D

B

Baritji

I have no idea boona - A couple of the engineers at work were talking about it the other day and they rekon it burns too hot for car engines! I thought I'd ask, as I used to have to drive around the territroy checking out the condition of our remote airbases, and as there was usually no fuel around for hundreds of KM's, I used the avgas bowsers to fill up my falcon!

Oh well! free fuel for me!

Ill sell it to all you Darwin guys for $1 a litre ;) - just dont tell me boss!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Baritji said:
I have no idea boona - A couple of the engineers at work were talking about it the other day and they rekon it burns too hot for car engines! I thought I'd ask, as I used to have to drive around the territroy checking out the condition of our remote airbases, and as there was usually no fuel around for hundreds of KM's, I used the avgas bowsers to fill up my falcon!

Oh well! free fuel for me!

Ill sell it to all you Darwin guys for $1 a litre ;) - just dont tell me boss!

Can i fill up a tanker?

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
vt1538 said:
I,ll send one of the shell boys over.
Whats the deal with shells new 91 ron unleaded?

Outlaw Torn

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 FORD EA Falcon (So sue me)
minux said:
91 unleaded is standard isnt it?

As far as i know it is, i guess its also called regular unleaded

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
i am pretty sure avgas will destroy your O2 sensors. otherwise i would be running it right now

F

foammedia

I only use 95 octane in the VP but in order of petrol go fast I rate them as follows.

BP 95
Caltex 96?
Shell premium
Mobil premium

I have no doubt BP and Caltex/Safeway supply the best fuel