Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what happens to a passenger of an unlicensed driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Well thats what i was thinking we even had l plates on the car. I put it down to the cockhead cop accross the road who has had it in for me even before i got my license so id say he told him yo watch out for me

You can't be much of an angel if u've had ur p's suspended. He's just doing his job.. Ur car, ur rego, red flag come up on their system. He had every right to check it out. How did u get there in ur car in the first place?

Yes most likely u both will be fined and ur suspension extended.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Well thats what i was thinking we even had l plates on the car. I put it down to the cockhead cop accross the road who has had it in for me even before i got my license so id say he told him yo watch out for me
Maybe this 'cockhead' of a cop is onto you for good reasons

Heres a wrap what you have done;
You have no license due to whatever
You are 'supervising' a learner yet you arent even supposed to be due to P Plate restrictions

Those are the facts. Plain and simple

And cops can pull you over even in a driveway, unless the vehicle is parked and keys turned to the 'off' or 'accessories'. Something like that anyway.

Just dont put yourself in that position again. You may be lucky this time being that he only got ya name.
Cross fingers

BrentonK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Car is regod in her name and no the cop hates me because of my uncle whi has been in and out of jail ive never done anything for him to
bully me so much he even has a camera set up in hes window lol its ridicolous

He has also recently sent me a fine in the mail got supposedly parking parallel to the directuon of traffic, driving an uninsured vechicle onthe day of registering my car, and sent me a warning about usong my horn out front of my father house lols

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
He sounds like an ass. Don't give him ammunition.

What happened to the missus? Fined?

Did cop ask if you were supervising?

Sent from my HTC ARIA using Tapatalk II

BrentonK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Yeah she got slapped for 700, he didnt ask if i was supervising. Although he seen me in passenger seat when we pulled up the drive way.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Don't quote me but even though you were in the passenger seat, doesn't mean you were supervising.

You could easily just be a passenger out for a ride doing a maccas run.

You get what I'm trying to say?

Unless questioned, or determined that you by all means supervising,, then you should be ok.

But seriously stop putting yourself in positions that can stuff you over

Sent from my HTC ARIA using Tapatalk II

BrentonK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Yeah no way i will be doing that again, Guess i wont know until he sends the report through to RTA, when i do get my license back i will hold on to it tight, because it is absolute death being trapped without a license.

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
:axe:Hey guys so my gf who is a l plater decided she wanted to drive back home the other night (which i was not happy about but had no other choice) but anyway she got pulled up by the police in her driveway and im just wondering bexause im on a suspended provisional license. Will i get suspenped for longer just being the passenger.

Unfortunately emotions play no part in the police books mate, nor the courts. so prediction will be [worst case scenario] :- 1) you will receive fine & suspension for accompanying a learner driver under the premise that you knowingly allowed them to drive your vehicle whilst you were the only passenger, 2) the learner driver will get a fine & be suspended for driving without a fully licensed driver to supervise - so you better get lawyer son, get a real good one, [best case scenario] legal aid should help you out & just hope you get an understanding magistrate on the day if it comes to that..

BrentonK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Wouldnt i have got a fine on the spot though if that was the case, they took the gfs license and said she was suspended for 3 months aswell as the fine

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Just out of pure curiosity how did you and your girl get there in the first place in her car seeing as she is only on L's and you have a suspended license? Something doesn't add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.