Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What have i done? L67 please help.

CHA53R

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon
last week i had a 10psi pulley put on my charger, mark at ttt said it had a miss and needs a service. the car had a miss when i baught it. and had it serviced and it went away. always hesitated when i put the foot down though. yesterday i changed the coil pack and dfi to one i had on my vr, pretty sure they are the same. drove it yesterday and miss was gone. hesitation was still there. today i cleaned the MAF with MAF cleaner then deleted bypass solinoid and took it for a drive. damn it drove wicked. double the boost i hav had since i got it no hesitation either. i then came home and changed the oil\ filter and went out. engine is stumbling under load and misfiring and making a weird hollow rumbling sound. what did i do wrong?

CHA53R

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon
sorry changed fuel filter aswell. at first fuel gauge dropped 80km to empty and i ****. then started to go back up after 10 mins

CHA53R

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon
I didn't remove it just Disconected it. The actuator wasn't opening properly. Put old coil pack back on. Still doing idles fine just stumbling under load. With the sudden extra boost could the belt be slipping? Could the MAF clean have stuffed fury the fuel? Could it be the filter?

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I dont think belt slip would give you a misfire, just lost boost
Just to check, you are using good 98 octane yeah? I would try swapping your plugs with ones that have been re-gaped to 1mm. I've heard occasionally of people having trouble with the 10psi upgrade and needing to regap their plugs

CHA53R

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon
Re tapped and still the same. Going down the street to buy another set of plugs and new leads. That don't work it's the MAF

vnkid

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Calais
Check plugs and leads..

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
Re tapped and still the same. Going down the street to buy another set of plugs and new leads. That don't work it's the MAF

if your chancing a new MAF PM Tim at Raptor, he sold me a new one not so long ago for $65

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
VR and L67 coils are not the same at all.

CHA53R

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon
Fixed it, went over everything I did got a new set of genuine leads for $85 Holden quoted me $154 put a cheap set of plugs on and 3 out of 6 I did 2 days ago were rooted. Running great for now. Ordering a set of msd coils dfi and a Holden set of plugs. Holden quoted $160 a coil. Repco quoted $25 WTF going msd instead. While I was double checking fuel filter found it has a 3.07.1 LSD under there. ;) happy