Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What have I rooted in my wife's L77 by leaving the oil filler cap off?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Nah they take the car, and your house then they tell the cops you intimated her, and after this she will say he raped me because he did not get permission in writing to have sex with me and he did not stop in the 50 stroke when I told him too and only stopped when he reached 51.
Dont laught because my Lawyer freind he has been telling me what has been going on in the Court these days about men getting brutalized by our one way system. Forgetting the oil cap is nothing today compared whats really going on that most don't know.
I do know though the experiences of others how manipulative women use the system to take all a man has… some are worse than prostitutes.… But that’s not where I wanted my comment to go…

My comment was just a light hearted joke at a wife’s annoyance at her forgetful husband (and those cash converter adds come to mind) :p

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Someone spends too much time on
1694784093238.jpeg

Solution:
Spend more time on
IMG_4494.jpeg

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Oil filler cap off is going to create a vacuum leak, unmetered air entering the intake (via the PCV) that the MAF does not see which will make it run leaner and the O2 sensors will have to compensate for.
Bingo.

Error codes identical on both banks, running lean.

HOWEVER

It won’t let me clear the codes; anyone got any suggestions?
As soon as I plug the device in it comes to life, I can read the codes.
Then when I want to clear the codes it tells me to “turn ignition on with engine off and press enter” …

I’ve tried:
(*) plug device in, request Clear, push Start button (no foot on brake), press enter ==> no dice
(*) plug device in, push Start button, request clear, press enter ==> no dice
(*) plug device in, push Start button, request clear, push start button (so Off), push start button (back On), press enter ==> no dice

Any hints for how to clear this ish?

Once cleared, if the CEL comes back I’ll know it‘s a real issue … if it doesn’t, it validates @Immortality’s theory.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
What code reader are you using?

May be you can try :
  • Push start button, plug device in, request clear codes, press enter?
  • Push start button, plug device in, request clear codes, press Start button, press enter?
  • Push start button, plug device in, request clear codes, put foot on brake and press Start button, press enter?
The dumb $20 code readers I’ve used have had no issue clearing ECU related codes.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
can you see if the fault is coded historic, current or pending.
Erm … if I start DuckDuckGo‘ing this, will I understand it?

Note that I got an error from the ToolPRO scanner upon trying to clear the codes; it seems like the “clear” operation failed more than the specific codes aren’t allowed to be cleared, if that makes sense … ?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It’s the scanner tool. A more advanced one will clear the code fine.

I would suggest taking crew chiefs wisdom there.

Give the car 10 or 15 start cycles, and all going well, the ECM will finally be sure there’s no issue and it goes away and saved in the ECM history.

Last edited: