Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Is Your Dream Car??

WILD VR CLUBBY

lack of licence
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy s
either the dodge viper or a Lotus Elige both have to be tricked up a bit

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
my dream car has now changed since the arrival of the ve, i would know die for an e-series gts.......noooooooooooooooooooooooooooice :)

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Where the hell do you start....?:D

A brand car off the showroom floor...if money was no object (and the money to maintain it was also no object...) I'd have a Mercedes CLK 63 AMG...a mere snip at $213,000 + ORC...:whistling

An old car? Hmm...I guess for pure fun value you can't go past our recent purchase, a 1957 Morris Minor 1000...what a great little car which everybody seems to love.

A "dream car" I could probably build given the inclination and time and cash? Here goes: a 1972 Valiant Charger...bright yellow metallic, E49 6-pack stripes and stickers. Body rustproofed and fitted with all new rubbers. Interior retrimmed, white seats and door trims, black carpet, 770 full-instrument dash, original three spoke wheel. Good stereo with flip-out screen and DVD player. Slapstick auto shifter (the one with the round knob and button on top in a center console). Tinted windows. Whole car fully rewired. modern compact air conditioner unit, similar to those available for hot-rods, which is all hidden away under the dash and comes out the original vents. I think the company is called "Vintage Air", which makes them.
Suspension all rebuilt, nolathane rubbers throughout, new heavier torsion bars in front and reset leaf springs in the rear, sway bars and gas shocks. 9" diff with rear disc brakes, larger front discs and twin diaphram booster. Three inch driveshaft and safety loop. Alloy Desert Cooler radiator. Quite possibly also a power rack-and-pinion setup instead of the steering box, like that which is now available for old Falcons from a company whose name escapes me for the moment...
Wheels would have to be good ole' Simmons B45's, fully polished, 16"...nothing too outrageously big, after all, the original E49 came with 14" ROH mags, and they filled the guards pretty well...16's should look about fine without looking too "modern".
Now the fun bit: Engine and Box...a Holden Alloytec 190 and auto...four or five speed, whatever is available, the shifter modified to be operated by the original Valiant floor shifter...all fitted in and given a cold air intake, extractors, and a twin system, with free-flowing cats. Although I figure such an engine in a car like a Charger, weighing well over half a tonne less than a new Commodore, you wouldn't have to do any performance mods at all to the engine to have it storming along rather nicely...:thumbsup:

...as you can probably tell, I've been thinking about this for some time...:thumbsup: :yeah:

Last edited:

CommodoreChick

Resident Female Bevan
Reaction score
Members Ride
1985 VK
I have too many... just a couple though:
R/T Valiant Charger
Dodge Charger
XB coupe
LX Torrie hatch

Holden to build me my own car... a brand new VL Calais with a ls2 i nit and everything else i can think of...custom interior......custom everything
vlwalkychick: I would go a VK over a VL :p , but that would be so awesome if Holden could re-do old shapes and change all the engine and interior. The new concept Torana was crap... as a Torana fan I took complete offence to that pink bubble. EFIJAY is pretty good but I think they changed the shape a bit too much... They should keep the old body shapes exactly as they are, because thats what people like about old cars, engines and interiors are so easily changeable....

Cheers
Tara

Last edited:

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
im going to have to be modest, subaru brumby ute with wrx engine and running gear. wicked sleeper.

Soybean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 5-speed
Either a Pagani zonda s or a XC Cobra

94SVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore S
would have to be the RUF yellowbird, or a 2.7ltr carrera RS or a 993 turbo, gotta love the Porsches!

HoldenMad

Have spanner, can fix!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Would have to be an A9X Torana. Always wanted an SLR 5000, so why not go 4 the best :D:D

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV