Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what jack would you get?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
They look the same, except different colour and price.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
i bought a CHEAP supercheap trolley jack a few years ago, still works.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I bought one that resembled this one. https://www.tauruslegend.com.au/3-t...MI2cuIk8a55gIVTx0rCh23aQCvEAQYAiABEgJD9fD_BwE
Disappointed, couldn't get it under the kframe. Handle wouldn't come down far enough to be able to get the handle under the car.

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
went to supercheap today to look at this low profile jack
https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p...-jack---3000kg/563849.html?cgid=SCA0105050301

this one is sitting next to it
https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p...-jack---2000kg/563847.html?cgid=SCA0105050301

the 2000kg one is lower than the low profile one above, sure its lower at the front but at the back its higher, so i may not get that low profile one as the problem i have is getting it under the car totally, not just the edge of the car, i want to jack up the diff and the cross member, the low profile one wont let me jack up the cross member as it wont fit under the bumper.
i expected a low profile to be lower overall when its not.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
went to supercheap today to look at this low profile jack
https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p...-jack---3000kg/563849.html?cgid=SCA0105050301

this one is sitting next to it
https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p...-jack---2000kg/563847.html?cgid=SCA0105050301

the 2000kg one is lower than the low profile one above, sure its lower at the front but at the back its higher, so i may not get that low profile one as the problem i have is getting it under the car totally, not just the edge of the car, i want to jack up the diff and the cross member, the low profile one wont let me jack up the cross member as it wont fit under the bumper.
i expected a low profile to be lower overall when its not.

i brought the 2000kg trolley jack from sca when it was on special over a year ago it works great fast pump action to raise the arm and high to get the stands under with the pin in the last hole which my smaller trolley jack can t do

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
3000kg is overkill and really not necessary for anything (like there's not even that much that will approach the 2000kg limit unless you're doing commercial vehicles), particularly if it's just kicking around the garage and it's just for regular DIY. If you need to do 4WDs or whatever get one that has the pivot on the arm that lets you change the height of the jacking pad. The weight rating isn't indicative of build quality or longevity, it just means that the hydraulic ram in it will support the listed weight - probably just means it's a bigger ram but made to the same standard of whatever line up it's from.

If you're near a Costco, lots of people I know (including me, my friends, heaps of the internet) have the aluminium Arcan 1.5t jack. Really well built, lasted for years and is substantially lighter that any of the steel jacks (you don't realise this is a feature until you need to pick one up or load it into a car). Pretty sure they've released a heavy duty version and a low profile version.

Also, if you're having trouble with low height and jack depth think about getting some low car ramps or just make your own out of 3 graduated lengths of scrap wood screwed together. These are surprisingly useful.
img_0002_edit15525359965c89d1bcc1dfa.jpg

Last edited:

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
3000kg is overkill and really not necessary for anything (like there's not even that much that will approach the 2000kg limit unless you're doing commercial vehicles), particularly if it's just kicking around the garage and it's just for regular DIY. If you need to do 4WDs or whatever get one that has the pivot on the arm that lets you change the height of the jacking pad. The weight rating isn't indicative of build quality or longevity, it just means that the hydraulic ram in it will support the listed weight - probably just means it's a bigger ram but made to the same standard of whatever line up it's from.

If you're near a Costco, lots of people I know (including me, my friends, heaps of the internet) have the aluminium Arcan 1.5t jack. Really well built, lasted for years and is substantially lighter that any of the steel jacks (you don't realise this is a feature until you need to pick one up or load it into a car). Pretty sure they've released a heavy duty version and a low profile version.

Also, if you're having trouble with low height and jack depth think about getting some low car ramps or just make your own out of 3 graduated lengths of scrap wood screwed together. These are surprisingly useful.
img_0002_edit15525359965c89d1bcc1dfa.jpg

what he said.
I sold my heavy steel 3T kingcrome jack and replaced it with the Costco Arcan, much better for my home use. The Arcan slides under my standard height VFII Redline, just. I have timber ramps if needed.

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
i got the $119 2000kg super cheap one, its not that heavy and does the job better than the other crap i got before.