Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what lights look good on VT

K

kadog

holdenrules said:
What colour is your SS? I think that the black altezza would look alright on an SS (as opposed to chrome altezza's), as there isn't much other chrome on an SS, otherwise the headlights would stand out, compared to the rest of the car.

If it was a Berlina / Calais or HSV, then there is other chrome parts to balance it.

Yes, leave the red VT garnish (don't go VX) but I'd say go for a Berlina / Calais so you can get the extra park lights. :yeah: Don't just add them in, the dots look crap (see my earlier posts and some pictures from other, the difference is quite noticeable.

Just my opinion ... :thumbsup:

My SS is white with dark tinted windows. I just think it looks a little boring at the front end. The black altezzas would give it, imo, a meaner look. Im not sure if it'll suit though so thats why im putting it out there for opinions.

As for the garnish, I dont like the VXs at all. Definitely keeping the red VT although i like your idea about having the calais/berlina park lights. They light up real nice.

Would I have to buy that particular garnish (how much $$$ and where) or is it possible to add/change wiring in my existing one?
Also, should I get the white series 2 tail lights as well?

Appreciate your input holdenrules/snafu.

holdenrules

Reaction score
Agreed, yes the black altezza's would give a meaner look, but you may also get away with the chrome altezza's too, as your SS is white, but I reckon the black would be better with your setup as the SS has no other chrome ...

I don't know how some people change their VT rear setup with VX or even worse change the VT tail lights with VX / Monaro / Altezza and leave the VT garnish. It looks bloody awful. Some might think the VT look is getting a little dated, which may be so, but if you ask me, having an older, much better balanced look is a hell of a lot better than a newer, crappier look! Give me the VT setup over the VX anyday! ;)

Ozeparts has the Berlina garnish listed for $260, or you could also go for the Series 2 Calais ganish which also has the chrome bar for $365. Yikes! :eek: Or you try your local Holden spare parts dealer, I think they should still should be able to get them in, but I'm not certain. Also, don't know how much either ...

I changed the garnish on my Berlina with a Series 2 Calais (it has the chrome bar) becuase there are other chrome parts (such as the strip that goes around the car and the chrome grill inserts) so it balances. I got mine 2nd hand from a wrecker for $250, just lucky I guess, in the right place at the right time. Just check that the garnish you get has the internal park light diffusers, so you don't get ripped ...

I think that the loom for the park lights should be included with the garnish, but not a big deal if not there. You can buy them or make them up real easy. Just tap into the power feed from the number plate light. With the wrong garnish, it pointless having it light up anyway :cool:

Yes, definitely get the VT series 2 tail lights, especially as your SS is white! If your side indicators in the front guards are amber, change them to white ones also! :thumbsup:

D

Dyl-bob

I am looking into the aftermarket head and tailights for a white VT wagon in Adelaide any photos and suggestions please

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
What's wrong with the standard VT lights? With every man & his dog putting Monaro lights in, the VT lights are actually becoming quite rare.

Be daring. Be different. Keep the stock lights. :yeah:

Brett_082

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive wagon
Hey I was just wondering if any of use has seen/heard of the smoked out L E D wagon tail lights I seen them on eBay but haven't seen them again lately