Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What lowering springs do you recommend

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

INSAYN

INSAYN
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR Calais V8
i want to drop 50 mm at the front and 70 mm at the back

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
70mm will be compressed ultralows and definiately be illegally low, ur exhaust will be low as

the fronts will be fine at that height and superlows should get u there, if not ultras in the front

INSAYN

INSAYN
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR Calais V8
70mm will be compressed ultralows and definiately be illegally low, ur exhaust will be low as

the fronts will be fine at that height and superlows should get u there, if not ultras in the front

i got 70 mm between tyre top and guard at the moment

nonchalant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport
I had a performance centre add some Lovells that dropped the car 1 inch all round. In my opinion it sits just perfect. Heres a before shot:

clubz.jpg

and after:

low.jpg

When you are deciding on springs you should also consider the driveability of the car not just how it will look. What I found after the mod was the car 'points' so much better (no wallowing). I have had the odd scrape with the front spoiler but driven carefully its not been a major issue yet. Go too low and you may start breaking stuff which could be quite expensive to repair, particularly if you happen to scrape the bottom of an extractor.

7shane0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore sedan
i know totally different by my vr (live axle) has ultra super lows in the rear and superlows in the front. It sits fine. its pretty low in the rear but not stupidly low and sits flat as a tack

INSAYN

INSAYN
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR Calais V8
I had a performance centre add some Lovells that dropped the car 1 inch all round. In my opinion it sits just perfect. Heres a before shot:

clubz.jpg

and after:

low.jpg

When you are deciding on springs you should also consider the driveability of the car not just how it will look. What I found after the mod was the car 'points' so much better (no wallowing). I have had the odd scrape with the front spoiler but driven carefully its not been a major issue yet. Go too low and you may start breaking stuff which could be quite expensive to repair, particularly if you happen to scrape the bottom of an extractor.

Thats a nice height , pretty much what im lookin for

demonx

Reaction score
Hi Mr Reaper,
You said that you have "BILSTEIN" springs...
Can you tell me where you got them?
Why I say this is that Bilstein DONT make springs!
If I am right you bought a Bilstein suspension package, ....yes/no? More than likely they will be springs which Bilstein have matched to their shocks as a package and will most likely be H+R springs or something to that effect.

Fenix_Longbow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VR Commodore
Im with reaper...

I had a combination of bilstein dampers and eibach springs... I have to admit the bilstein dampers are probobly the best dampers i have had in any car... I have had Tein coilovers and ISC but bilstein have to be the most refined... Very happy.

So yeah, +1 for bilstein :)