Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What model is my vt??

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Try again. Can't copy thread so here is the first post.
i live in new zealand and have reserched into all the weird and unusual commodore models that have been avaliable over here etc, i didnt make up any of these!!

1. commodore VK GTS fuel injected 3.3 six, usually blue over silver, vk ss interior, gts badges

2. commodore VL GTS 3.0 six red or white, front and rear vl ss spoilers,

3. commodore VN GTS 3.8 V6 navy blue or vivid white, had electric windows ss interior, vn ss body kit with different spoiler, facory color coded alloys with machined lip, gts badges etc, only 500 avaliable in nz i believe, if you search commodore gts on trademe you will probably find a few for sale,

4.commodore VP GTS 3.8 V6 but not an hsv version, these vps are usually maroon in colour have an ss kit electrics ss interior etc, i believe only 50 avaliable in nz? very rare gts

5. Holden VH & VK royale these were a calais based version, flash interior, electric windows, some were avaliable in a 1.9L starfire 4 cylinder auto or manual

6.Holden VL royale, basically a vl calais without pop up headlights,

7. holden VN royale, a very rare vn made mostlyt for the singapore market i believe, these were a vn calais bases car except for a 2.0 4 cyl vectra engine,

8.holden berlina vn, wagon and sedan, over here in nz these were only avaliable in 2.0 4 cyl. and were the aussie executive spec in trim and interior, and all our executives were aussie spec berlinas, weird eh! you can check this out on whikipedia has heaps about weird nz holdens,

9. holden calais VP 2.6 opel dual ram straight six

10, Vr/S commodore royale, basically a calais with the front end of a statesman caprice (grill bumper lights etc) and the 2.6 opel dual ram straight six,

11. VT/X commodore royale this was the last commodore to be badged as a royale basically an aussie calais with a name change,

12. VB/vh/vc/vk 1.9 4 cyl starfire, i had one of these and these engines are just **** i must say,

13.holden VL commodore RB20 2.0 nissan straight six

14.VN Commodore LS HSV, 3.8 v6 sedan and s/wagon i dont know if these were avaliable in aus or not it was a genuine HSV limited edition, numbered dash badges, usually blue over silver, with a unusual lip boot spoiler, side skirts, slot grill front spoiler and hsv interior, all electric winows etc, was a genuine HSV

these are all genuine cars that exsist in nz, many still avaliable,

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Not to my knowledge.
I think i was thinking of GTS. Something came up about a V6 GTS, IIRC late last year or early this year.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
VT S pack, 734 is S pack model extension code.
7DD denotes air con, power windows ABS

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Some of the VY Monaro's had a Super6 in them, being the V2 Series.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
Wait, wait, wait, wait.... wait.

There are 2 litre 4 cylinder Commodores??

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
1.9 litre, Starfire 4 in VC-VH in Australia, VK export only
And some VN era ones export only.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

Interesting the UC had Starfires then they skipped VB but decided to fit the 4cyl again in the VC right up to some VK.

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
The 1.9 Ltr VC Commodore was a Lemon, look exactly like a Blue Six Cylinders with the back 2 cylinder guillotined off.
That's when they had more Blue Motors 6's and 8's, and then the Black Motors, and the VK's were Holdens first injected motor, and to how it has evolved to the V6's we have today.
And I must say the VT, VX & VY models would have to be one of the reliable cars that were around, and as you know, there is a lot still on the road today.

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride

@SL/ENUT, I see you have a VC SL/E,
I had a VC SL/E, As they were always an Auto, but swapped it to a Manual, OEM Aussie 4 Speed, donor car was a VC SL at a Wreckers,
and did it professionally with the manual floor cover and leather boot shift boot,
When I sold it, In stead of people trying to low ball me, they ended up bidding for it, and got about a $1000 more then I was asking.
It was so weird. but it was as great car.