Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What mods need to be done put a 6l90e into a Vf

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
If your referring to the RHD Mustang cash cow then it's not producing like it used to thanks to an ANCAP 2 star rating. Its now a 3 after adding some safety gear (which I read elsewhere they stripped from it for the Aussie market but kept for others) but still had some inherent design issues that needed rectifying.
They may all be valid arguments but the point was Ford designed the Mustang in RHD and were able to make hay while the shine was shining... Holden just faffed about and talked of a 2020 RHD Camaro and now what will likely be an expensive HSV RHD conversion.

Chubba

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV RDL
They may all be valid arguments but the point was Ford designed the Mustang in RHD and were able to make hay while the shine was shining... Holden just faffed about and talked of a 2020 RHD Camaro and now what will likely be an expensive HSV RHD conversion.
Ahhh got ya .... yes, GM/Holden were definitely behind the curve on that one.

Rikes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Craig’s automatics in Sydney can build your existing auto to handle well over 1000kw
Will cost less and be stronger.
Why bother changing to the 6l90e?

apollo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE LPG
If your referring to the RHD Mustang cash cow then it's not producing like it used to thanks to an ANCAP 2 star rating. Its now a 3 after adding some safety gear (which I read elsewhere they stripped from it for the Aussie market but kept for others) but still had some inherent design issues that needed rectifying.
Some guy way killed a week ago when his Mustang hit a tree. But this was in inner city Northbridge, so he couldn't have been going that fast.
Maybe he didn't wear his seat belt....

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Some guy way killed a week ago when his Mustang hit a tree. But this was in inner city Northbridge, so he couldn't have been going that fast. Maybe he didn't wear his seat belt....

Driver killed in Northbridge car crash

The fact the crash was in an inner city location has nothing to do with how fast some people tend to drive late at night.
Look at the vehicle in the linked news story and accompanying video.

Generally, a couple of young blokes in a vehicle late at night and involved in a crash, are usually speeding, somtimes at stupid levels.
Hitting a tree, expecially at speed, tends to be very damaging to the vehicle and it's occupants.
In this case it proved to be fatal.

No doubt the Coronor will investigate and report the cause, till then it's all speculation.

So, at the moment, i doubt anyone can conclude it was a vehicle design issue.
But history would indicate it's more likely a silly driving error and bad luck at hitting a tree at the wrong angle.

In any case, it's sad somoen died so condolencesto his family and friends.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Guess the term “underbody modification” could mean bolting on the subframe but I meant it as modifying the underside of the body with welded in braces, etc. Ive no doubt HSV did some good work to get it together and across the line but as I understand it’s all bolt on stuff which in itself is not a bad thing.
Underbody modification is just a nice way of saying "we hit things with a large hammer to make them fit"

Have a look at the rear subframes on atleast the E1 and probably later series HSV models. where the lower control arm sits has been deformed so they can pull it down further to remove stock springs without removal of components.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Underbody modification is just a nice way of saying "we hit things with a large hammer to make them fit"

Have a look at the rear subframes on atleast the E1 and probably later series HSV models. where the lower control arm sits has been deformed so they can pull it down further to remove stock springs without removal of components.
Like knee reconstructions in the 70's which were very butcher like. Todays keyhole surgery is much much more civilised.

In some ways i guess vehicle manufacturers are still living in the 70's. In other ways maybe they have moved with the times.