Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What next will they try to flog for stupid money ???

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
^^^^^^^^^^^ ........"Factory wild violet 351 manual car !!! Compliance plates still on car No engine or gearbox."

Just the thing if you want to build a 'new' XA Fairmont worth $150K (?) when completed.
Anyone else here followed the recovery of the rusty wreck 'Chicken Coupe' Falcon that was used as a chook house ?

wildfiremaint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS , 2007 Subaru LIBERTY Wagon
I have a collection of cassettes of rare bootleg pressings of unreleased Bob Dylan from Germany that I would love to still be able to listen to. :-(
I have a cassette that I recorded off the radio in 1968 of John Lennon being interviewed on the BBC about the MOOG synthenizer.
( Thats if I can find it amongst all my junk )

Dodgy_Davo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0
^^^^^^^^^^^ ........"Factory wild violet 351 manual car !!! Compliance plates still on car No engine or gearbox."

Just the thing if you want to build a 'new' XA Fairmont worth $150K (?) when completed.
Anyone else here followed the recovery of the rusty wreck 'Chicken Coupe' Falcon that was used as a chook house ?

yeah , compliance plates for a fairmont ...not a GT

And this would need a full ground up nut and bolt restore - no running gear to start from either so this is all big dollars to make 'new'... and in the end you probably wont be getting 150k for it

You can still find genuine GT's of that era popping up on carsales for around 150K or less and if you wanted a 'new' replica one there's a very clean one sitting on carsales right now asking 90K - probably snaggable for less
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1972-ford-falcon-500-xa-auto/OAG-AD-21379866/?Cr=10

the chicken coupe 'barn find' was a RPO83 XA GT original 2 door - close to the holy grail of Aus muscle cars

Dodgy_Davo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0
"Rolling shell" o_O

Can just imagine the conversation ' Nah mate - new coat of paint and some 22 inch walkies and she's worth 100K dead easy'

at least this guy is giving you the running gear with it though

Seeing quite a few people trying to offload unsalvageable wrecks as 'project cars ' on GT and FB these days - cant blame them for trying i guess

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Yup.....Needs a full on rebuilt from top to bottom

Here's a little bit I saw to do with it a little while back

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
For that chicken coupe - completely makes sense to spend big dollars on it from an investment point of view

You'd spend more upwards of $500K repairing that car, so investment wise not really viable.....

The only viability it would be is tax wise...Less cash in the bank, less to declare, less to pay the gov't for