Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what noise does sagged engine mounts make?

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
I just don't understand why it only it does it only once i put the foot down and get it boosting. I can drive around all day, pick up speed pretty fast and not a sound. The second I put my foot down bam it's there and it stays. Temperamental bitch if a thing lol. Is there much difference between the exhaust on mine and the hsv? It's the same as the VT SS on mine. Just tinny and sounds like crap. Annoying the crap out of me. Just the sound is making the car run slow I think lol. Depressing.

yeah, the stockl67 exhaust is crap and the hsv ones flow good aand sound better.. (and they flow good enough for these with a fair few mods.. people use em and have coolers and cams)...... would have to be the most popular exhaust for the l67 if ya still want the car to sound decent/not overly loud..

and when ya put ya foot down thats when the motor would be twisting/putting pressure on the mounts and thats when shiit will be hitting....... may not be ya problem but it sounds like they need replacing regardless....

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
its only about $30 for a mount and a frustrating hour under the car....

i'd get ttt to have a listen to that milk bottle sound to. just to be safe... cause if it is pinging you'll be killing ya motor...

CHA53R

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon
Sounds the go. I'm Gunnar try get a hsv one cheap this week, then do mounts and bushes on weekend. Engine management test came up running fine with fuel and air ratios. Mechanic said doesn't sound like pinging. the rear mufflers suck in and out though. He said engine mounts and I'm thinking exhaust. Might wait for a rain day this week and make a trip out to TTT. Chuck him a slab just for peace of mind.