Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 What options do i have????????

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
Hey guys,

I need help

I want more power, But im stuck.

I want to go supercharged in the future, not now.
I dont want to stroke the engine
I dont want to go for a cam+higher comp

What can i do? Any bolt on mods?

I have:
Worked Gearbox (shiftkit haha no just kidding - Kevlar bands, 2500rpm stall, billet servo, bear drum etc etc)
Pacemakers
Custom 2.5" Exhaust
Custom SS Cold Air Intake
Advanced Timing

Everything else i know is stock. Flogs most light tuned (exhaust, intake) LS1's, Almost Every 5L (without boost etc).

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
Probably a custom tune and some diff gears would be the go.

v8ondubz

L.ove O.f V. 8 E.ngine
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vt 5 litre
sorry mate but more power means more money and i can tell u it aint cheap! but on the upside its worth it. and to the ppl that always says money on cars aint woth it is because it aint their priorities and everyone is different. in my case i have no regrets whatsoever n had more pluses instead. and yes diff gears r good. Tune is a must if u dont have 1 yet. and since u already got a stallie n if u decided to get diff gears either 3.7 or 3.9, then putting a cam would be really nice. GL

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
I am looking at a baby 282 Crow Cam + valve springs atm. To my knowledg, that is all i need upgraded on that cam. That way i will still be able to run some boost later on.

Diff gears are already on the to do list once my current diff is smashed.

I have a girlfriend hence why im not aloud to spend huge amounts of money on my car :(

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
I would agree with diff gears for sure. Another option is a better flowing manifold, A bit more expensive but well worth the cash. You will get a nice gain now and ull get a bigger power gain later when you put a blower on.

v8_bomberdore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 5L
I am looking at a baby 282 Crow Cam + valve springs atm. To my knowledg, that is all i need upgraded on that cam. That way i will still be able to run some boost later on.

Diff gears are already on the to do list once my current diff is smashed.

I have a girlfriend hence why im not aloud to spend huge amounts of money on my car :(
i called crow about this cam , they told me this cam wouldnt be the best cam for forced induction , im not sure why ,the lob seperation looks ok , maybe give em a call and find out

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
if your going to go forced induction, don't bother with changing manifold as the charger will force air through it any way. Change the cam, diff gears and get a tune, really the only way you will get more power without going over the top, or wait and do it once properly!!!!!

v8ondubz

L.ove O.f V. 8 E.ngine
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vt 5 litre
yes Sir!! lol definitely all at once, pricey but will save u lots in da end. thats what i did n im so pleased