Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What setup do you have in your VE?

evil_ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Hi guys
I had locked in the setup I wanted for my 06 ve SS-v, which was: pioneer gm-d9500f amp, Boston sr60 and Boston sr65's. I got a little side tracked and installed a olden iq system from a SS-v series 2, but yesterday I went looking for the combo I wanted only to find out Boston have pulled their car audio line! So my question is what speakers are comparable that I can replace them with? (The amp has built in LOC)
Any other advice appreciated

Cheers

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
Sorry mate I dont know enough about sound systems...id send Nic92 a msg, hes a perth fella who is heavily into his sound systems n the what not

dcBear

Reaction score
Website
flavors.me
Members Ride
2010 VE Calais
I put some Hertz HSK165's into my car and they sound amazing. They retail for around $499, but I got them from an ebay seller who was doing grey imports and got them for $135 (but isn't any more as I looked them up). I am running them active from a Jaycar 4x100w amp, so no crossover and each woofer and tweeter is getting 100w. This is possible cause I also have a JBL MS-8 processor that is the brains of the system. On top of that I fully deadened the doors. I have 2x10" subs that will be powered by Jaycar 1x1000wrms amp. But yet to build the box. Also got some Jaycar 5.25" in the rear doors that are powered off the MS-8's internal amp.

This is my first post here. Maybe I should create a thread?

evil_ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Sounds good mate!

I put some Hertz HSK165's into my car and they sound amazing. They retail for around $499, but I got them from an ebay seller who was doing grey imports and got them for $135 (but isn't any more as I looked them up). I am running them active from a Jaycar 4x100w amp, so no crossover and each woofer and tweeter is getting 100w. This is possible cause I also have a JBL MS-8 processor that is the brains of the system. On top of that I fully deadened the doors. I have 2x10" subs that will be powered by Jaycar 1x1000wrms amp. But yet to build the box. Also got some Jaycar 5.25" in the rear doors that are powered off the MS-8's internal amp.

This is my first post here. Maybe I should create a thread?

vegmss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk ss
Installed last week-

Fascia with Alpine INA W900E double DIN

Polk MM6501 6.5in component rear speakers

Polk MM6501 6.5in coaxial front speakers

Alpine PDX M6 mono amplifier 600W

Alpine PDX F6 4 channel amplifier 150w RMS

Kicker DCVR122 twin 12inch subs in enclosed box 800 RMS

..couldn't be happier, the system absolutely cranks !

evil_ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
That sounds nuts
Installed last week-

Fascia with Alpine INA W900E double DIN

Polk MM6501 6.5in component rear speakers

Polk MM6501 6.5in coaxial front speakers

Alpine PDX M6 mono amplifier 600W

Alpine PDX F6 4 channel amplifier 150w RMS

Kicker DCVR122 twin 12inch subs in enclosed box 800 RMS

..couldn't be happier, the system absolutely cranks !

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Be careful buying Hertz from eBay, there was quite a lot of counterfeit versions of their speakers at bargain prices. Focal, Pioneer and some others were copied too.

I've bought the equipment for my VE system but haven't fitted it yet, I only went cheap this time anyway :(

I'm going the secondary head unit route as I think the VE fascia kit looks like arse...

Head unit: Pioneer DEH-80PRS (to go in glove box)
Front speakers: Boston Z6 (left over from old car)
Rear speakers: Boston Pro60se (left over from old car)
Subs: 2 x Pioneer TS-W252PRS
Speaker amps: 2 x Pioneer PRS-D800 (150Wrms x 2)
Sub amp: Alpine MRX-M100 (1000Wrms x 1)
Other crap: Dynamat bulk pack, Optima Yellow Top battery.