Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What should i do to my VK 202 EFI???

Alan Shore

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 ED XR6 Manual
Had a VK Berlina 202 EFI myself a while ago. Had aftermarket extractors, 2.5" exhaust all the way thru, mild cam, strengthened auto and K&N air filter. It went better than a lot of other VK's, but I can't say it was fantastic. It used to chew a hell of a lot more in petrol though...damn 202's. An engine conversion is probably the best option here mate. Good luck with it...

B

big_c_43

Does any one know how much power the 202 VK's come with stock?

I have decided that i do not want to make any engine conversions untill i am off my P-Plates. Untill then i want to try and raise the power of the 202 as much as i can without exceeding the power to weight or liters to weight restrictions for P-Platers.

I am leaning towards upgrading the extractors and changing the exhaust system to 2.5" straight through, i might change the filter. so depending on how much cash i have left i want to put in a great sound system, change the wheels to VY SS wheels and change the paint.

I was talking to a friend of mine about how i want my car to sound great (u know a deep rumble sound like a V8) he reckons because my car is an old car it will sound like that alrdy. Is he talking ****?

sando_3000

Prestige Panelbeater
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Berlina 5.0
yep he's talkin out of his backside