Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What should I do to my VP SS?

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
heheh, keep in mind im using 3.08 diff gears, as i live in the bush i dont see the need to spend an extra $20 on petrol per week, considering im spending $150 a week already

oh well, start my new job soon and move back to the city...

i was just reading up on SC, apparently the stock 304 heads are good for 400hp, might just get a 3 angle valve job + raised comp as ive already got the headgaskets

make a new thread?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
heheh, keep in mind im using 3.08 diff gears, as i live in the bush i dont see the need to spend an extra $20 on petrol per week, considering im spending $150 a week already

oh well, start my new job soon and move back to the city...

i was just reading up on SC, apparently the stock 304 heads are good for 400hp, might just get a 3 angle valve job + raised comp as ive already got the headgaskets

make a new thread?
Mine didn't use that much extra fuel going from 3.08's to 4.11's. I'm sure the cam swap will impact just as much.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

yes, but you would need a racecar type engine that runs at 100%VE to be able to see the full potential of that flow and your wade 818 cam won't ahve anywhere enough duration/overlap to make use of all that flow. out of the box the holden heads are very good however, a lot better then most standard heads of the day