Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What should my fuel Econ be

wod300

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Berlina Supercharged 3.8
Hey guys so my ecotec v6 gets around around 15.7l /100 according to the trip computer in the city and about 13.whatever on a long freeway run this sound about right guys the most Km's I've ever gotten from a tank is about 330km if I'm lucky and sort of baby it just want to know if it's about right

Drive until the fuel warning light comes on and then fill it up (if you can afford it, lol) and take note of how many litres it takes to fill. You may find there's still 20+ litres in the tank (extra 120- 150kms).

I've got the three window cluster on my car and when I get down to 0kms to empty, I find I can still only put 58-59 litres in the tank.

So you may have more left in the tank than you think?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
holden have programmed the computer etc to do this,usually when 15 litres left in tank it will come on, mine does the same, my previous aurion was exactly the same too,

just a fail safe most manufacturers install in their cars so we as consumers don't forget to fill up-lol

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
just a fail safe most manufacturers install in their cars so we as consumers don't forget to fill up-lol

More so to protect the pump and sock, it's a safe level. Running a car so low constantly will inevitably lead to troubles down the track.

Chrispy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, 2015 Daytona 675R
More so to protect the pump and sock, it's a safe level. Running a car so low constantly will inevitably lead to troubles down the track.

Yep, fuel pump in these cars is cooled by the petrol. That's why I never run below quarter of a tank.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
Yep, fuel pump in these cars is cooled by the petrol. That's why I never run below quarter of a tank.

totally agree with both of these statements

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
1/4 tank is 'over safe' for lack of a better term. Fuel beeps and the needle at the red is the cusp. Personally I also go with a 1/4 tank as there's time to find fuel and peace of mind.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
every time I restart my car the fuel guage has dropped 3mm lower than when ive turned it off

driving 100km uses less petty than turning it on grrr

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
every time I restart my car the fuel guage has dropped 3mm lower than when ive turned it off

driving 100km uses less petty than turning it on grrr

Haha when used to fill up my vn it would go from full to 1/4 tank (on the gauge) in about 100km. Then that last 1/4 would last another 400k's or so.

troy294

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
I have a 1994 vr statesman and I get 13.2 l per 100