Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What size carby???

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

kane_coro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX series 2 SS 6 speed,VK Royale 308,VN V6 Ute
I Seem to have similar problem.Get it advanced to where it sounds right and then it pings,retard it and its gutless.Maybe i need to get my hands on some avgas

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
nah blown V6hatch is right again in my case, prolly for you too. crap heads. if your thinking of getting more power then our cast heads is where we fall down. i am seriously considering going red heads and taking them to someone to get them flowing. i have pretty much tried every other mod to my engine to get it to go and now the only thing left is heads.

pinging isnt just from advanced timing. if your plugs are too hot, if the chambers are full of carbon or if the curve on your dizzy isnt set right itll stuff your timing up completely. but also its easy to confuse lean misfiring as pinging, so make sure its getting all the fuel it needs up top. if you can, get a rebuild kit for your pooped carby and rebuild it.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Any of the carbs mentioned SET UP AND WORKING CORRECTLY will do near the same job, if I had a quaddy I would not replace it with a holley and vice versa, they all work the same basically, you can not compare a used 600vac sec out of your mates shed to a quaddy well set up and again vice versa.
Just stay away from double pumpers with autos on the street.

kane_coro

Reaction score
Members Ride
What plugs and dizzy you running?No need to rebuild got a brand new one on there.
I had some nice worked heads....but theyre just expensive scrap metal mow

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
5 heat range 1mm gap ngk or bosch, cant remember the brand. dizzy is custom build, mallory 6al and blaster coil.

i meant rebuild the old one so you can learn them inside and out and do a few tweaks while your at it. it really helps when you know your carb well if something starts faulting in the future.

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Production Saloon, 07Omega ex Cop car, 03 TF V6

kane_coro

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just thought id let you know got carb set up better last nite and new plugs in her.Runs like a dream.Now just gota set timing to the best spot and i should be away!!