Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What sort of gain can I expect after these mods?

ripper6

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs acclaim
V6 or V8? Who cares really. Usually the guys who own 8's will rubbish 6's and vice versa, Its all bullshit at the end of the day. Ive owned both, and I like both. You cant go over 100 km/h, so theres nowhere these days to really use a V8 to its full potential any more.. Back in the days when radar detectors were legal to use here in NSW, when I was travelling etc, Id be able to sit my V8 falcons on 160 -180 km/h, nearly all day long sometimes, and theyd run absolutely beautiful around these speeds. But these days with the way the laws are, and not to mention the idiots on the roads who cant drive, theres just no real use for a V8 like there was before the laws, " idiots drink driving and crashing", stuffed up everything for everyone...
And lastly, I dont get why people go and buy a SS or any V8 for that matter, and then drive it everywhere at 30 or 40 km/h. There is a heap of people, (young and older) around my area, that do this all the time, and it shits me no end, "30 in a 60 zone,gee,that must be a rush for them in their SS " . Maybe they are just plain too scared to give it a proper bootfull and drive it properly, its a bloody joke... Its just a complete waste of a good car. They should have just bought a hyundi instead if they wanna drive around like that..Or maybe they bought a V8 or SS etc to try to compensate for something else theyre lacking in. You certainly wouldnt buy one just to drive it around at 40 km/h everywhere.

not everyone who has a v8 drives it around like sissy, that being said if i had a v8 i'd drive it like a v8. but yeah no need to have a go. some might be compensating,. some might just love their v8 ?