Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What sound system is best for me?

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
if you dont want big holes fiber glass a pod and then just make smaller holes to screw the pod to the door trim.

B

big_c_43

Thanx everyone for ur input i am still undecided on what im going to do but reading all of ur opinions has really made me consider this more carefully.

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
if u wanna do a decent system, u will have 2 do holes in your doors and chuck in some 6.5 components, if ur gonna get a sub, dont get 6x9's in the parcel shelf, ive done this, bad mistake, was good b4 i got subs, but now sounds crap, the pioneer 6" coaxial are good for the parcel shelf, they sound pretty nice but not sure of the price, also our vk doors arent very big so will have 2 get spacers as well, make sure u get component (seperate tweeter) for the front, another bad mistake from me, get good speakers for the front, coz they are the 1's u hear the most, clarion subs are pretty reasonable for a cheap price (talk them down heaps, i got 2 375W rms subs and 2 mono amps, and all the wiring plus cheap boxes 2 do the job all for $650, retail was 1100, imagine if u just wanted 1 sub) actually if u want just 1 sub and still want it 2 crank, i'd probably go a better brand sub, otherwise 1 of these will definately do the job.

also get a good head unit, paid $450 for my alpine, best thing i did, tonnes of power, good sub, bass and treble control control, as well as many other controls

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
VKStevo said:
also get a good head unit, paid $450 for my alpine, best thing i did, tonnes of power, good sub, bass and treble control control, as well as many other controls

yeh, 17W RMS. tons of power

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
semi said:
yeh, 17W RMS. tons of power
i thought of saying that but no, thought it best to not be sinicle again. good to see you keeping up the torch!

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
ok maybe that came out wrong, and its 18 lol

um, well for a system that used 2 run straight off the head unit, it used 2 crank heaps and put out a fair bit of bass

now ive chucked subs in with amps 2 run them and if i crank it up i could probably deafen myself, so for that 18 watts it cranks pretty nicely, of course i intend 2 put new components in the front and run amps 2 them so i can get clearer sound, not louder

and with the alpines, they have 4 volt preouts which give better sound and stuff than the normal 2 volt 1's

hope u understand wot i mean

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
1 thing i can say about this site is that the members are very picky

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
we are not picky at all, if you are concerned about 4volt Vs. 2volt preouts. stuff all difference for most people.
and no the 17Wthe h/u delivers will be ok, but will clip and destroy the spekaer. doesn't mean its not loud just that its crap loud.:p

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
yeh exactly wot i meant, it definately aint quiet, but as i sed i want 2 get components and run amps 2 them 2 get better sound quality, but its all expensive so it will happen slowly like the rest of my car

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
garfa said:
i thought of saying that but no, thought it best to not be sinicle again. good to see you keeping up the torch!

you mean cynical? haha