Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What SUB and AMP

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
hang on you aare wanting spend close to 600 on the 1500w jaycar amp on a budget of 800!?
400W wired down to 2 or 1 ohm would be a better choice.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
I bought 2 JL 12WO (12") subs, cost me $340 for the pair, and a JL e2150 amp for $350. The subs are rated low (125wrms each), and so is the amp (40x2 wrms), but overall it cranks hard as f**k!!

JL Audio are bloody fantastic, I would definetely recommend them to anyone!!

I haven't had my stezza tested or anythin, but it's set of car alarms b4, and when I go passed Repco my bro (he works there) rekons it shakes the wall so much that everything on it is vibrating HAHA!!

And the best bit of all.....it shits all over a lot of stereo's which costed a lot more then mine :p

About the box, well I paid about $30 for some MDF, about another $15-$20 to get it all precut, then I chucked it 2gether myself. I made it to the subs specs to, which is a downside when u buy boxes already made.

The gear I bought was bottom of the range stuff, but it cranks hard. JL don't make the 12WO's anymore, they have replaced it with another model...they're now white....but I doubt the price would be much more then the 12WO's.

i have a feeling that your stereo is good more because you set up the box right for the sub than becasue your gear is good.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Nah, if i get the resoponse 1500W amp its safe to say im gonna be spending alot more than 800 bux...lol

I was also looking at fiberglass enclosures...
there is a place in sydney that do a really nice one for twin 12" subs for 170 bux plus postage...

Early days atm though still...

Laters

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
hmm, that sounds like a pretty decent price, as long as the quality is good. Do they make them up to suit your needs or do you just get one size?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
hehe lovingly handcrafted in Australia....

Looks decent though. Extra $120 for paint...pffffft

Get it made up to the correct specifications, its worth the extra money and it will make a massive difference to the quality of the bass and the sound of your subs.

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
definately make the enclosure yourself, mdf and carpeted or even fibreglassing.

Fibreglassing can take a lil longer, but its a pretty simple process really. The cost of materials for that custom enclosure would be around $60-70, and there are plenty of tutorials around to show you how to do it..

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
im in the process of discussing my brothers rockford fosgate 2 12" subs at 400rms each in box (1300 retail) and his RF mono 600 retail and his fusion 4 channel, 500 retail, i want his stuff as he isnt using it atm, and he said to me, if youre going to do it, u might aswell pay for the best, you dont wannna be coming back over it in 4 months