Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What temp does your VS V6 sit at

CAMZVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Wagon
also ill have a look at the new sender see if it makes any difference, i let you know how it goes.

mynameisearl

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt s pac
mine sits just under 1/4 but will get up to just under half when stuck in traffic

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
mine sits at about 1/4 (closer to cold) and at lights still remains the same

RK5TAR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Manual
My VR was always hitting 3/4 when stopped. After having the car about 8 months the radiator cacked itself. When I got it back the temp guage was worse, took it back tot he mechanic who decided to be lazy and not replace the thermostat and that too had died. New thermostat and radiator and now the car sits at 1/4 or goes to half when stuck in a drive through or at lights and the fan kicks in. I havent seen it hit 3/4 since.

Sycovs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5 speed
Ok there are many veriables with the heat issues such as the auto commodores run hotter
because not only are they cooling the motor but they also cool the trany through the same radiator. the 81c thermostat is a good concept except on rather hot days they have been known to cause the car to heat up more due to the fact the thermostat doesnt cool enough to shut which means the water never gets a chance to stop flow and cool in the radiator. things you can do to cool your car are run a seperate trany cooler taking addition heat from the radiator and also putting a engine oil cooler in. i run a 5 speed v6 with custom gearbox oil cooler and a engine oil cooler the car used to sit just over 1/4 and ever since the change sits just the first bar over cold and just over 1/4 in traffic.