Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What the F is Connex doing.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
don't call me Julie ;)

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
don't call me Julie ;)

???? why would Julie call you?

weren't you arguing in favour of global warming? and you're driving into the city?!

Dead against global warming, rising temperatures is only going to make living harder in most parts on the planet.
If you read carefully, you'll find i mentioned using public transport to get to the city, but wont be silly enough to do it again for a while.

Commsirac is never wrong though Julie.
and I thought you were a slow learner.

Last edited:

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
Dead against global warming..

If you read carefully, you'll find i mentioned using public transport to get to the city, but wont be silly enough to do it again for a while.

but isn't that just the stereotypical "i'm really concerned about the environment, right up to the point where i have to change my own behaviour"?

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
but isn't that just the stereotypical "i'm really concerned about the environment, right up to the point where i have to change my own behaviour"?

Did I say that, I said i wont be using public transport to go to the city for a while(does that translate to I will be going in future and will release large volumes of CO2)....comprehension isnt your forte, maybe fiction writing?
And you have taken the trouble to assess the size of my carbon foot print atm?
dont make assumptions, take me on and like everyone else around here, the sh** ends up on your shoe.

And what sacrifices are you making yourself, or have you just got your head in the sand and pretending the warming of the planet is not occurring and therefore you can carry on destruction as usual?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
take me on and like everyone else around here, the sh** ends up on your shoe.

:rofl: funniest post ever. I have had enough. Take this on :)

Good Day.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Did I say that, I said i wont be going to the city for a while....reading carefully isnt your forte?

Sounds absolutely appalling.
I used connex earlier this year to go into melbourne cbd because I thought it would be easy than driving in getting a park etc. The trip in was ok, but what would have been a 25 min car ride home, took an hour and a half using the rail network.. waiting for a train on the loop, waiting for another on flinders st.....cancelled, delayed....stops at every station a km apart...do stations really need to be that close together?
Wont be using it again for at least a couple of years.

sounds like Ive got it easy from the rest of you.
Work in an aircon office, car is parked out of sun in the basement, ten minute drive home and the ac in the vx makes the outside temp reading of 46-7 C just a point of interest.

Actually you didnt say " wont be going to the city for a while" you said you wont be using the rail network for a while.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
Did I say that, I said i wont be using public transport to go to the city for a while

driving into the city is not high on the list of environmentally sustainable practices. if everyone who worked there tried it, the whole CBD and a 3 km radius would be in gridlock.

the CBD is by far the best served destination by public transport - if you can't bring yourself to use it, how can you expect anyone else to?

And what sacrifices are you making yourself, or have you just got your head in the sand and pretending the warming of the planet is not occurring and therefore you can carry on destruction as usual?

i don't make a habit of bragging about it but as it happens i use comparatively little CO2. also i ride to the city every day on my pushie.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
no point in arguing with him now, he cant argue back.

HaMmErD

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Cruze CDX
Unfortunately those windows are quite ineffective on a peak hour train which is overloaded with many standing passengers struggling to move an inch if they need to.

I've been on trains that would be at least 45 degrees in the middle of summer, with all those "effective" windows opened, great fun while standing on an hour trip.

Totaly agree with you mate, I get the train from Wynyard to Townhall then the Miranda and since the Illawarra line barely ever get an air conditioned train annoys me so much:bang: I don't understand why they don't!? its such a long trip