Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to do next?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
more than likely..... still the same amp and not refurbished at all

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
I eventually want it to run 6 speakers and (maybe) 2 subs. At least one sub anyway. But I'll say two just in case.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Why would you then buy a piece of S@#! like suggested on here only to have to burn it and then replace it with something that will handle the extra

I would go a decent 4 way and then a mono

with you little "S" type a GM-6200F or similar would be more than fine and you can triway it to run the sub if you wish and still have two channels for the fronts

JAYCAR/ RESPONSE will never give you that!:thumbsup:

Whoa...Settle down!!! I haven't bought anything yet apart from what I mentioned in my first post. Nor have I decided what brand and/or model I will buy. What I have bought so far is my base on which I am now going to build on. I only wanted suggestions as to what would be best for what I want to run in the future. Thats all, no need for the brand name poopy fight.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
run everything u got now off ur head unit then save up n do it the way u want it all at the same time will save u money in the long run

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, thats what I want to avoid doing. Getting something so I can run the 6 speakers, then have to upgrade it when i get subs. It's just a waste of money. I want something that will do it, do it well, and last me awhile. :)

Oh and the quote is from one of our admin. Not garfa :p (Thought you got away with that one didn't ya Garth?!)

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
run everything u got now off ur head unit then save up n do it the way u want it all at the same time will save u money in the long run

Everything is running off headunit, and I don't have to save. I have the money now, thats not an issue. I'm looking to pick one up in the next fortnight or so, which is why I'm asking for info on the best brand and type, amount of channels or whatever it is that I should be looking for.

I'd also get the subs when i get the amp, but I've got other things to do before I do that. So the subs will be about a month and a half away.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
r u gettin splits now or ina months time? ive said my 2 bobs ona amp lol :p

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'll probably get the splits when I get the amp. Then a month or so later, get the subs.