Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to do next?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
yer thats a good idea my opion go all pioneer but u really should go 2 an audio shop and listen 2 some set ups of split, amps, subs 2 get an idea of wat u like then go from there

Reaction score
Website
www.caraudiofactoryoutlet.com.au
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
I'll probably get the splits when I get the amp. Then a month or so later, get the subs.

So you really want something that will run 6 splits... and then 4 splits and two subs??? correct!

If that is correct it is not a good way to go you should be looking at a good four channel and a mono... and the mono you can run the splits off - the 3rd pair and the run your subs off when you get them

That way you are not having to upgrade, compromise etc or waste hard earned cash!

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
If it was me I'd be running splits in the front, co-axials in the rear for a bit of fill. Get rid of the 6x9's, they will overpower the front. If you're going to run subs 6x9's are overkill in my opinion. Run these of a 4f channel, I'd be going with brands such as Soundstream, Orion, Rockford Fosgate etc etc.

Then when you go subs get another amp. But having said that, if you've bought cheap speakers, then not much point spending big on amps.

Don't know what subs you're looking at getting, but I swear by JBL! :dance:

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
well look i am not saying your cheap or anything like that but if you dont want to waste $90 on a set of speakers and if you budget streches to $400 for an amp to run speakers then RF/soundstream are not even options. same with a 6 channel amp (they are usually overpriced and HUGE! plus will cost the same as a small island in thailand!)
really, jaycar will give you a no frills amp with good terminals (ever used ****ty terminals on an amp? pain in the butt), will provide the power they say and most importantly EVERY member of jaycar IS INTERESTED IN YOUR PROJECT. i had a bloke saying that i would get a good system with the CHEAPER amp. this was after he asked my about the whole project and discussed what fuse sizes and RCA's and everything else. they will help you, they ARE interested in your project and i have never met a sales person that didn't try the whole techno mumbo jumbo thing with me or didn't try the hard sell on the model on special (eg: discontinued or too much backstock because its not really a great product).
these are only my opinions and i really dont care what you do with your money but you will get a better product and great aftersales service with jaycar.
i dont have any products to sell, neither do all of the others mentioning jaycar in this thread.

by the way CAFO do you just hate jaycar stuff because electus rejected you as a supplier?