Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to do on my 09 Omega

Coreylr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hey guys so I recently just bought a 2009 VE Omega Ute, Completely stock besides 18" mags & Pirelli tires. Only has 115ks on the clock & I got it serviced straight away which came back without a hitch.

So I'm wondering is there anything I should look into getting done on it or leave it as is?

I wouldn't mind better speakers & a better exhaust purely to get better airflow.
Keen to hear any & all suggestions. Thanks in advance guys

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
The usual depending on your budget & taste.

Lowered $600+
20" Rims $1.5K-3K+
Tints $200+
Sound System $500-2K+
OTR $600+
Dont waist too much time on exhaust unless you go all out with Full Mods (VE V6s just sound crap louder)
Turbo :p $20K lol

Those are NZ $

Im someone that needs to change the stock rims straight away on any car, so its always the first thing I look for.
Then lower / Sounds etc etc

Coreylr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega

Lowered $600+
20" Rims $1.5K-3K+
Tints $200+
Sound System $500-2K+
OTR $600+
Dont waist too much time on exhaust unless you go all out with Full Mods (VE V6s just sound crap louder)

Those are NZ $

Im someone that needs to change the stock rims straight away on any car, so its always the first thing I look for.
That

Lowered $600+
20" Rims $1.5K-3K+
Tints $200+
Sound System $500-2K+
OTR $600+

Those are NZ $

That all sounds well and good man! I definitely want to get it lowered, & what's a reasonably priced way to go about better speakers/sound system? & I know alot of people say not to do exhaust but I was thinking maybe just to get a stock SS system since it would sound abit better id like to think

BAK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina International
Buy speakers and install yourself. I replaced all 4 door speakers with two way kicker speakers and the dash centre with 4 inch pioneer. Didn't touch the dash tweeters. Sound was ridiculously better. Heaps more bass alot clearer. Cost less than $300. Heaps of You Tube tutorials available.
Put an underseat sub in later on cost $350 fitted but the original speaker replacement was cheap and easy. Well worth it.

Coreylr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Buy speakers and install yourself. I replaced all 4 door speakers with two way kicker speakers and the dash centre with 4 inch pioneer. Didn't touch the dash tweeters. Sound was ridiculously better. Heaps more bass alot clearer. Cost less than $300. Heaps of You Tube tutorials available.
Put an underseat sub in later on cost $350 fitted but the original speaker replacement was cheap and easy. Well worth it.
**** man that Definitely sounds like the way to go, thinking I will do that first! Cause the stock speakers are definitely below Average especially in the bass department

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Derp....double post.

Last edited: