Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to do to the VE

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
one way you could maybe improve on economy is, tyre pressure not to low, unwanted crap/weight in the car, good servicing etc, keeping it all clean,
I do better than that in my 6lt, about 14.5 at 35kph, (above helps) I'm a bit pedantic about above, then again if I was worried about fuel I shouldn't be driving a modded V8

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
My omega used to get similar mileage, make sure that your tyre pressures are good, wheels are aligned and your air filter isnt too dirty.

Also keep driving, as the more km's travelled the more accurate your average will be

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
My only problem with this car and it really sucks bad is my fuel economy i'm seeing figures everywhere
could anyone tell me if this is a o2 sensor problem or something else

here's my stats for her

96.60 km traveled
avg speed = 23.9 km/h
avg fuel = 15.3l

Mainly just picking up my brother from school but by no means do i go slow i actually drive it abit spirited but is there anything i could do to help improve fuel economy

and thank you very much @MYVESSV8 for helping me out aswell as others

Given average speed as others have said there is nothing wrong with your car, low average speed is going to be bad for your economy, I wouldn't go replacing O2 sensors, you'd be wasting your money. Make sure you do the oil changes regularly, lets say at least every 8 months (3 times over 2 years) and use a good quality oil like say Edge 5W-30. You've probably read that these engines are subject to sludging oil and keeping the oil changes up should pay for itself over time. I think the first thing to improve the looks of an Omega would be the wheels.

undy22

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE V
On my old Omega, I did CAI +exhaust +tune it did ok.
I think a nice set of wheels and quad exhaust looks cool.
The fuel economy on it was bad though my -cammed 6l usses less nearly lol

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
This fuel issue, is that just these omega alloytec 4 speeds? or does that count for the 5 speed High output in sv6s to? Cause ive always noticed these damn cars chew gas like crazy

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV

CeeBro

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VE 2007 Lumina
I got this from driving mainly on 50 and 60 km roads sticking to the limit was no traffic and i tried coasting most of the time, and a highway trip

i wish she wouldn't chew so much...