Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What type of cold air intake?

Admiral_Awesome

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series II
hey guys

im looking into doing a cold air intake but im not sure whether i should

1. get a CAI intake system from MACE that uses the pod filter

or

2. keep the same air box and just use a big mouth snorkel thing (sorry for my ignorance im not sure what there called), i think ss inductions make them, as well as use a high flow panel filter

has anybody had any experience with either of them? any feedback is much appreciated :) oh and is it really worth it or is the stock intake good enough?

cheers guys.

VP Pursuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S2 BT1 5L / VS V6 Exec
I have a few friends with the Mace setup and I have has the SS Inductions style (genuine Holden), from all accounts I have heard the Mace Engineered air box is fantastic and works better of the two.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
If you have the money then go the Mace enclosed pod. If you don't then just cut a bigger opening on the bottom of the air box where the factory snorkel goes.

NEDWOB

Reaction score
Website
ozwagons.iforums.us
Members Ride
VN WAGON
go the mace cai.you wont regret it,works alot better than any other ive had or heard of

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
mace also have there own ebay page where you can buy there things

Admiral_Awesome

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series II
alrighty sounds like a plan. thanks mate. if everybody backs em they must be pretty good. would anybody have an estimate in the increase in power i might receive?

gogi108

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt calais l67
alrighty sounds like a plan. thanks mate. if everybody backs em they must be pretty good. would anybody have an estimate in the increase in power i might receive?

the increase in power will be small . i dont know what other mods u got , but generally each mod u do will give a small gain then when u add em all up at the end u will have quite an improvement .