Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What upgrades can i do for sv6 for KW

Serobix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF sv6
So to gain more KW / power what can i do to a 6 ? im on p's for like 3-4 more years so no going to an 8 and i dont mind spending sometime and money on what i have for the next X ammount of time, I was thinking maybe go with a Dyno / OTR intake and tune or maybe a mace cam but what else can u do ? im not even sure! thx!

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
what's the desired outcome?

Have you considered diff gears?

Serobix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF sv6
i was thinking going 4.11's but that would be dumb but did consider 3.7 or 3.9 atm its 3.27 standard which im happy with but 4'11s is a pain at high speeds, the only reason i considered 4.11s was maybe go to some shitty pcm runs thats about it lol

However im not sure what u can get out of a sv6 engine, now 8's i know a decent ammount about but 6's not so much :(

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
FWIW, you won't get any significantly noticeable improvements.

My advice, HAVING DONE IT MYSELF (modded a VE V6 with full exhaust, intake and tune), is to save your money, and/or spend a bit on looks (eg: wheels, lowering, etc) and wait until you have the V8.

Serobix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF sv6
its already lowered and exhaust done "Xforce", but just bored a bit i guess ;S

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
So to gain more KW / power what can i do to a 6 ? im on p's for like 3-4 more years so no going to an 8 and i dont mind spending sometime and money on what i have for the next X ammount of time, I was thinking maybe go with a Dyno / OTR intake and tune or maybe a mace cam but what else can u do ? im not even sure! thx!

There are plenty of modifications that can be done to an SV6, however don't expect drastic gains.

A starting place would be an OTR + tune, headers + highflow cats and a decent cat back exhaust - with all that you might see a 20rwkw increase depending on tune and fuel type. A cam might see you an extra 15rwkw, but I'm not sure TBH.

Diff gears are a good idea to improve your acceleration, but will impact fuel economy.

You should try searching the forums for what other people have done, or ring a performance mechanic in your area.

I know lot's of people will probably say this to you, but I will share my experience nonetheless - I had an FG XR6 (non turbo), and spent over 3k in the end on a tune, air intake, full exhaust and underdrive pulley to get an 18rwkw gain - it really, really was not worth the money spent in hindsight. At the time I thought I had a rocket ship.

Either way, good luck!

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
headers + highflow cats

Clearly no idea. Current SIDI motors don't have headers - they have a single outlet port in the heads. You can do engine pipes/cats/etc but it's a waste of time on a V6.

At 210kw you've got almost as much power as an early stock LS1 - go with it. Minor mods will do #### all and turbo/forced/more will be as illegal as just driving a V8 in the first place. Save your money and buy a V8 later.