Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what was that cluster from?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Calaber thats funny mine has ford stamped in it and its the same as the other vp i have and i understand ford docent make them appose to someone making them for ford ect

I had the dome lamp off on my VR Berlina a few years ago and that was when I noticed the Ford and Holden part numbers (and the Ford script insignia).

I think Hella has been a major supplier to both companies for years and I suspect this may have been a Hella part. Both companies have a multitude of outside suppliers and obviously, for some things, they use the same supplier, so making the same part suit both manufacturers probably works three ways - cheaper for Hella, only having to tool up for one part, and cheaper for the two car companies because Hella is able to achieve economies of scale.

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
I had the dome lamp off on my VR Berlina a few years ago and that was when I noticed the Ford and Holden part numbers (and the Ford script insignia).

I think Hella has been a major supplier to both companies for years and I suspect this may have been a Hella part. Both companies have a multitude of outside suppliers and obviously, for some things, they use the same supplier, so making the same part suit both manufacturers probably works three ways - cheaper for Hella, only having to tool up for one part, and cheaper for the two car companies because Hella is able to achieve economies of scale.

that makes seance still funny that some people bag fords so bad to the point that they would claim that they would never have a blue oval near there holden and just above there head there is one lol

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
If the cluster issue hasn't been solved, could it have come from a VN lexen, they are very similar to what has been described, and they came with a tacho as well.