Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

*what would a 351 go in?*

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
are they as expensive as the sedans? because at the moment i won't find a xw or xy rolling shell in the condition i want for less than $3000. im not really looking to spend that much, i just want something i can throw around for a few years untill i can afford to buy the 68 camaro ive always wanted. can't wait to buy that, blue with white stripes, 350, 20's on the back 18's on the front, HOOH makes me horny just thinking about it lol.
johnny

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah cheers will do
johnny

R0d

Reaction score
Members Ride
cammed vu maloo r8
are they as expensive as the sedans? because at the moment i won't find a xw or xy rolling shell in the condition i want for less than $3000. im not really looking to spend that much, i just want something i can throw around for a few years untill i can afford to buy the 68 camaro ive always wanted. can't wait to buy that, blue with white stripes, 350, 20's on the back 18's on the front, HOOH makes me horny just thinking about it lol.
johnny

most ford classic rolling shells in fairly good condition will be more than 3 gs. try something thats not so popular, can you just sell the motor?

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
i could sell the motor but then i don't have a toy to muck around with lol. i hoping i can pick up a zh fairlane or xb falcon for under $1000 probably won't happen but i can always try lol
johnny

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Put it in a XD or something you can get them really cheap and they are pretty light too, (untill you put a fat motor like a 351 in them :)). But they don't take much effort to extract 400 hp from and low 13's will be pretty easy

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah xd has been mentioned quite abit, might be the way to go
cheers johnny

nsladden

GET UTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Holden VP Ute S 5.0L & 1989 Holden VN 5sp Wag
One of my friends almost bought a Datsun 200B with a 351 in it. It was the biggest combination of different car parts regarding the fitment of the motor. I think it also had a Holden SS radiator. It was in Queensland but apparently it couldnt be registed in NSW because of something to do with the power - weight ratio so he didnt buy it.

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
lol sounds like a death trap
cheers johnny

nsladden

GET UTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Holden VP Ute S 5.0L & 1989 Holden VN 5sp Wag