Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What would you consider to be high k's for a VT?

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Its not easy finding a supercharged berlina. I'd say seal the deal if the car is in good working order.

yeah i agree just get one of them RAC checks or get a mechanic to go over the car...

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
gonna just rattle off a bunch of k's of the cars ive had in the past 4 years mainly because im bored.

just remember its not the only vt on the road you can find them with lowwer it just depends on how long you are planning to keep the car n how many k's you will be doing in it.

ive never had a car over 200 thousand kms even my vn had 145 thou when i bought it i donno what it is but im paranoid about owning a car over that highest was actually the vn i sold it at 185 thousand

currently my vy berlina had 28 when i bought it now has 37 thousand, the 25th anniversary has 96 thousand only bought it like 2 weeks ago

vx had 130 thou when we bought and 135 thou when it was written off
my vt had 110 when i bought 125 thou when i sold it
my vs ute had 110 when i bought 118 thou when i sold it
my vs sedan had 163 i sold that at 173 thousand.
vs 5.0L stato had 110 when i bought sold it at 117 thou

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
lol my vs has 155 000 cept i bought it with it allready had all the usual things fixed on it bush's bearings powerstearing pump etc etc other then that its great hasnt stuffyed up on me so far =D

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
we got our VT with 247xxxkm and aside from little expected issues it's been flawless, and i've flogged the absolute p1$$ out of it

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
Being supercharged the engine will generally wear quicker and will be more likley to blow gaskets than a NA car, but in saying that 150,000 km's isant much at all even for a supercharged engine

RUN41T

Go forth and modify
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 Vb Sle
My vx has nearly 150K and it still drives like when i bought it with 60, Though iv serviced it every 5000km

i would say 220 000+ is high km

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
it all depends on how often the car was used,and as everyone has said how regularly it was serviced,for a 2000 model with say 250 000K's i would be leaning towards being a bit high for the car,especially if it's from tassie,from memory thats where you are from....isn't it?

Was. I live in Melbourne now. :) Thanks for your replies guys.