Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What would you get and why?

itsn8o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum (first time poster) and I'm looking for a little advice in deciding my next car and hoping you guys can help me out.

I'm almost 25 and that means insurance companies no longer see me with horns on my head, therefore I am in the market for a V8.
I am looking at:
VE SS,
VE SSV,
Z-series HSV Clubsport.

Of the following what would you recommend I get and why? What are the advantages/disadvantages of each choice?

Also, does anyone know where I can get detailed information about these cars? Not just performance but stuff like whether bluetooth is available in the Z-series HSV (really comes in handy for work).

Thanks everyone.

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
HSV website should be able to tell you if the VZ HSV clubby has bluetooth.
Can't comment on the VE's, except that look hard enough and you could find a VE clubby for VZ clubby money.

In wheels it was stated that the VE clubby, loses like $150 of its worth a week. Therefore you could get into one
far cheaper than you may think. On the downside it may not hold its value very well.

Last edited:

VY2SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 2 SS
i would definately lean towards the vz clubby, holden went wrong with the interior of the ve's, so cheap looking.

GLITRES

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8 6 litre
I disagree VY2SS, the interiour is light years ahead of the VZ.
I would go for the SS or SSV the main difference between the two is leather seats, that's about it.
But a clubby would also be nice. If your planning to do mods to it, find something that's stock and low k's that's my advice.

itsn8o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I guess I should have been more specific with how I intended to use it.
It will be doing city driving a lot, to and from work and from work to clients.

On the weekend I'd like to have something I can open up a little and enjoy driving, I'm not really interested in doing much to it. I might do the odd mod or two - but I'm certainly not looking to run 12 second quarter miles in it.
Drivability and creature comforts are more valuable to me.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The last run of the VZ's with the 6 litre in them are the best dollar per go fast value. But the VE is a better car. Just depends on the price difference really

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
go a wrx ;)

Out of what you picked, Z clubby by miles, VE looks like something that escaped the abortion bucket, looks big, chunky, cheaply made etc.

Dr.304

SuperCharged StatesMan
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Statesman Supercharged
R35 GTR?

Evo 8?

arrow224

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Z HSV. They do not have bluetooth from the factory. Look much less garish than the E series.