Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats it worth? Vh sle?

kimaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore SLE
You can see in the last pic what i mean about the pinstripe on the drivers rear quater

RACE5L

Solid cammed
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 355
I'd say 6g. Does air con work? Trip computer? The let downs besides those mentioned for a purist would be steering wheel and if youve sold factory rims. Trimatic is easy to come by. Trim appears to be in good condition. The console skin is lifted on most sellers unless swapped out for the later VK in plastic. 5L SLE's are in their own price range.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
I reckon the figures posted here (5-7k) are too high, that would be realistic for a 308 in that condition. However being a 253, an expected figure would be more like 4k maybe 4,1/2 on a good day
Cheers
253 308 it doesn't matter what it is, half the time people rip the donk out convert it to a 5L, LS or bomb a 355 into it and start molesting the **** out of it.

I f you had the option to purchase a legit low K, matching numbers SLE, one being a 253 and the other a 308....253 priced @ 5K ono and 308 priced @ 7,5K ono what would you purchase?
I know what id do

kimaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore SLE
I have the original wheels and steering wheel too

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Does air con work? Trip computer? The let downs besides those mentioned for a purist would be steering wheel and if youve sold factory rims. Trimatic is easy to come by. Trim appears to be in good condition. The console skin is lifted on most sellers unless swapped out for the later VK in plastic. 5L SLE's are in their own price range.

These are the reasons I went so low, for the car to be worth 6k everything would have to be intact and functioning and showing little signs of wear.

Sorry but high km cars with missing this, broken that, worn this and that just do not attract top dollar.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
253 308 it doesn't matter what it is, half the time people rip the donk out convert it to a 5L, LS or bomb a 355 into it and start molesting the **** out of it.

It's a collectors car (the SL/E model) there are quite a few buyers out there looking to invest in collectors cars, the more original the car, the more it is worth generally.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
When a car hits 30ish years old, originality is key for both bypasser desirability and resale. The only things I have modified on the VB were items where the factory item just didn't cut it; The AM radio was simply too weak and could not operate an ipod so I changed that; the only springs that matched factory ride height settings were pedders sports-ryder; and paint kept flaking off the rocker cover and side plates on motor so I installed chrome ones. I have seen some modified cars at classic car shows; often they were modded about 15 years ago and look profoundly daggy now. An unmodified classic has timeless beauty.

Air-con, electrics and trip computer would be an issue; if they are working, great; if not, good luck finding working units!

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 253, VY SS II
4 different VH owners have said to put it on for 6k, if you don't get any interest at that price then drop it and we can all eat our words, there's no harm in trying to maximise sale price, have a look at the current market, almost every VH SL/E comparable to yours if for sale around 6k.

chanoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
81 vc in dynasty gold, 80 vc sle 336 pack
we are all around the 4-6k mark, sell it and post the sale price and put us all out of our misery