Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats it worth? Vh sle?

chanoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
81 vc in dynasty gold, 80 vc sle 336 pack
Just had a look at prices of SLE's and indeed they have risen quite a bit I the last year or so. I was basing my price on my purchase of a Vc Sle (336 pack) 8 months ago ($2000). Granted it needed a few things done but nothing major or $$$$.
However I am a tight ass maybe that's reflected in my initial estimation

kimaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore SLE
The price of hatchback toranas is what suprises me most! Even a sl with 2 doors goes for 20g!

chanoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
81 vc in dynasty gold, 80 vc sle 336 pack
God yeah 2 door torrie prices are off their head

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
just jump on ebay and compare the meerkat "simples"

matvex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh Commodore
If you can keep yr sle and still afford to pay someones hatchback ransom that would be the best scenario imo. Both are set to to appreciate so you cant go wrong.

I paid a touch too much for my hatch a few years ago. But due to its appreciation since it doesnt matter.

I sold my blue over silver vc 4.2 sle and now live with regret as I have never seen one anywhere near as good since.

Only 8500 lx hatchbacks were ever manufactured. Think about how many would be left 37 years later, 3000? Demand is increasing by the day and they are not making any more.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
If you can keep yr sle and still afford to pay someones hatchback ransom that would be the best scenario imo. Both are set to to appreciate so you cant go wrong.

I paid a touch too much for my hatch a few years ago. But due to its appreciation since it doesnt matter.

I sold my blue over silver vc 4.2 sle and now live with regret as I have never seen one anywhere near as good since.

Only 8500 lx hatchbacks were ever manufactured. Think about how many would be left 37 years later, 3000? Demand is increasing by the day and they are not making any more.

The survival rate of a 30 year old car is typically 1%, though it can be more if the car was collectible or desirable. Would definitely not be 3000. I'd say 300-500 tops - more would survive for you need to consider SS and A9X models that people would not have scrapped.

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
what happened did it sell or get advertised?im keen lol