Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

whats mods to get

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
He asked for performance mods , not looks and no go . These are the things he will have to do if he wants to get more power out of it .

If he wants more power hes better off just going FI and thats it.

Anything else is a waste of time.

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
What's your budget? That should give you a better idea of what you want to get done as what you listed is around $3,000+
(thrifty shopping for used or cheaper items might get you part of your wish list for just over $1,000 ie non-OTR CAI, no headers, remote tune and exhaust)
Also, what year model is you SV6, as the LFX engine had integrated headers (introduced around MY12, I think?)

Maybe PM Herbie, as he's done most mods you've suggested, here's his SV6 Thread: https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/my-sv6.233258

Or check through other mods on SV6's: VE - WM [Archive] - Just Commodores

Final point, all comments about cost to mod an SV6 should not taken has V6 bashing, it's just the general consensus here on JC that it's expensive to get power out of the SV6 engine - most coming from people with first hand experience.

jakeT

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
Its a Manuel, I dont think ill go over the top with trying to do it up but I think extractors and an exhaust will be a 100% and I'm looking for a cai but I'm not sure what brand I should get, what are some good websites to use ? and just wondering how much would a turbo set me back ?

shinc

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE II SV6 Sportwagon
If you look in the members ride ve section there is a guy who did a forced induction instal
on his my12, he listed the price of everything. Can't remember whether it was turbo or supercharged.

I have a my12 sv6 wagon, and for what they are, they go great.

I've seen no need for engine mods thus far. Anything I've done or will do will be cosmetic. Perhaps some better brakes and suspension mods may make it a more enjoyable fun ride over power mods?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I just bought a ve sv6 sedan 2009 model, its all stock and I'm planning to do it up, I was just wondering what people would suggest for me to do for performance side, etc airflow systems, extractors, best exhaust systems, cheers :)

Just keep as it is , add some nice rims , keep it maintained , and tidy , learn to drive safely , and if you must add a CAI to it .

MC84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 Ute
otr and exhaust. You won't be gaining much.

MC84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 Ute
Then spend cash on cosmetic mods