Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's more important 2 fix: Camber kit or power steering pump leak

*VOLATILE*

Monaro here i come
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2
Hey guys,

As the title suggests, what do you think? Just got my car serviced the other day and the mechanics said to me that the power steering pump is leaking. Does anyone know where i can get a second had pump from?

He also said to me that my rear tyres are starting to wear on the inside. So what do you think? Power steering pump first or camber kit? I know that this may seem like a silly question but would like opinions................... :embarrass

R

rattattack1313

Definitely sort the power steering 1st, mate.... :thumbsup:

R

rattattack1313

Not sure about your model..I can get a steering pump "O" ring kit for $6.00 for my VP.................

R

rattattack1313

No, not over there, but give it a little time, there is a lot of WA Members that might be able to assist you, more than I can.......(could sort you out no worries if you lived in Brizz)....

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
*VOLATILE* said:
Cheers ratattack. Come on WA fellas and ladies..............help!!!!
Give 'em a bit longer than an hour mate, we do live outside the forum :thumbsup:

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
However, in regards to your dilemma, i personally wouldn't pick between them, rather do the two at the one time. but we've all been in the same possie, so i would make sure your tyres are in good nick. that is one of the most visible things to constable plod, whereas the power steering can be topped up intermittently if the leak aint too bad......

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
power steering pump is the first thing you should fix, hit the wreckers up for a 2nd hand pump, cost wise im not sure about

the camber is a common vt issue, and from what ive heard along the grape vine, it's not fixable, but i could be wrong, all i know is a camber kit wont fix the issue, it's suspension related,

cheers
garth