Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

whats the best lsd ratio

Magee2560

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 Commodore
hey guys im new here so ive got a non lsd diff and im looking for a good ratio? im thinking of a lsd 3:46 diff? I just need advice for it :) cheers guys

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Best for what ?

Highway cruising, drag racing ?????

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
As above.....
What do you want from the car...Just Daily Transport, Quicker acceleration on the street, Do you want to do track day events or do you want to go and have a blast down the dragstrip
Is it manual or auto
What type of driving do you do mostly....Around town or highway stuff
These are some of the things you need to consider before changing your diff gears to a different ratio
Provide a little bit of info, then people can recommend a gear ratio that will suit your intended use

Last edited:

Magee2560

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 Commodore
As above.....
What do you want from the car for....Just Daily Transport, Quicker acceleration on the street, Do you want to do track day events or do you want to go and have a blast down the dragstrip
Is it manual or auto
What type of driving do you do mostly....Around town or highway stuff
These are some of the things you need to consider before changing your diff gears to a different ratio
Provide a little bit of info, then people can recommend a gear ratio that will suit your intended use
my car is a manual, I want more quick acceleration on the streets/ im more of a highway and around town driver.

05red vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ute
then u want 308 ratio v6 or 307 ratio v8 that is reasonable accell and great acon