Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats the deal with ##############?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I have an infraction from years ago.... do I need to cry about it now or later?

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
i have 6 infractions and what did JC do about it?

made me a mod lol

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
i have 6 infractions and what did JC do about it?

made me a mod lol

I have had infractions in the past also.

Speaking of such things I read this from an Admin on another site in response to someone threatening to create a new account if they were banned, however the same theory applies here, and I guess every forum.

We have this completely ingenious foolproof system. If you create a new account and we catch you, we'll just ban you again.
If you create a new account and manage to hide your tracks so thoroughly that we can't identify you, we'll just wait for your idiot personality to inevitably come out and we'll ban you again.
If you manage to so comprehensively cover your identity to the point where you completely suppress your idiot personality and don't call attention to yourself... we win. ;-)

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I have an infraction from years ago.... do I need to cry about it now or later?

Nah the usual course of action is to start an argument with a mod over PM - then we copy paste the convo in chatbox and LOL about it with everyone. Then we get bored trolling we infract you again.

However you are in luck, apparently the acceptable time frame for chucking a tanty has increased by the sounds of some of the posts in here :p

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Nah the usual course of action is to start an argument with a mod over PM -

Generally if I have to move or delete something I send a pm to advice of my actions so they know whats going on and so they know for future threads/posts. Most are grateful and/or apologise (not that they need to) but every now and then some clown will go absolutely mental at me for being a Nazi/control freak/wannabe cop/bitch/keyboard warrior.... etc.

Some people just can't handle being told they made a mistake.

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996
Some people just can't handle being told they made a mistake.

Pretty much sums up the internet forum culture!!

Cause a person can "hide" behind the safety of their home computer they feel they can get away with more. Reminds me of my dog, Karmo, she is all big barking at other dogs and cattle when in the car or behind a fence. She hates me cause i throw her over the fence, then she isnt so big. turns into a big sook!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I've jagged a couple of infractions. The second was probably well deserved - some flea who has long since left us posted a series of idiotic (almost racist) posts, and I told him to piss off back to where he came from. Infracted for member abuse Fair enough (but he was STILL a flea....)

The other, well, I'm not so sure it was fair. I considered that I had been goaded by a mod (called a geriatric - fair go, I've got a few years to go yet) and other things, so I let rip and called him something illegitimate. Infraction No. 1. Ho hum...we can't all be perfect.

I don't like getting them, so I try to be a bit more moderate these days. And hope others will be the same with me.....

(just don't call me geriatric - cranky ol' bastard is fine, gerro is not).