Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats wrong with my car????

K

KimC

Hi,

I have a VY commodore, I have noise comming from the back of the car. I have also have trouble when I break and turn the wheel to the right, it makes a sound and I was told it was the ABS grabbing??? Not sure. It feels like the back end of the car is hard to stear and the car is not running well at all. Any information for me????

:thumbsup:

R

rattattack1313

Brake pads/shoes worn on the back?????? bearing perhaps???????

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
You're saying ithat when you apply brakes your car becomes hard to steer and you hear a noise? What speed are you trying to stop from? Is traction control on? Are you trying to force the car into oversteer?

It can plausibly be an ABS problem but you would be better off taking it to your service centre and getting them to look at it. It is very hard to diagnose a problem with snippits of information supplied on a website.

DazVYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSSM6
camvyss said:
You're saying ithat when you apply brakes your car becomes hard to steer and you hear a noise? What speed are you trying to stop from? Is traction control on? Are you trying to force the car into oversteer?

It can plausibly be an ABS problem but you would be better off taking it to your service centre and getting them to look at it. It is very hard to diagnose a problem with snippits of information supplied on a website.
Yes go see a dealer sounds a bit odd don't leave until your happy it won't be major.

K

KimC

DazVYSS said:
Yes go see a dealer sounds a bit odd don't leave until your happy it won't be major.

Should I go directly to a my dealer OR is my merchanic OK????

Cameron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 11 'Redhot' Ute
if its under warenty take it back to the dealer service center

azteche

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore Exec
KimC said:
Hi,

I have a VY commodore, I have noise comming from the back of the car. I have also have trouble when I break and turn the wheel to the right, it makes a sound and I was told it was the ABS grabbing??? Not sure. It feels like the back end of the car is hard to stear and the car is not running well at all. Any information for me????

:thumbsup:

I had a similar problem,
Took it back to Holden and i had a ceased handbrake Cable!
The car was 2 days old from the holden dealer as well (2nd hand)

A!