Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's wrong with VF V8 Calais V's?

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
You're asking for personal preferences, everyone's going to be different! :)

However I prefer the reduced-chrome option. Except for the red, notsomuch a fan of the red highlight.
But it would be interesting to see what the majority of those that reply, think.

Last edited:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
But it would be interesting to see what the majority of those thay reply, think.
I don't mind the red bevel strip. I wish the Director had the chrome fog lamp bevels like the Calais. I don't mind the chrome Grille. I originally had a MY14 Calais V and loved the look of it. It was silver and seemed very prestige. The Karma colour also looks very nice in the Calais V

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I prefer the sporty look of the redline which also came in manual since that's what I wanted.

The only good stuff the Calais got was heated seats, memory seats and heated side mirrors which is something the redline should have had.

Anyways 1 feature that none of the commodores or HSV's got was cooled seats which sucks since that would have been great for hot days.

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
I own a Redline, but in the right colour combo the Calais-V is a very sharp looking car. I can completely understand why some people chose them over the Redlines.

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
I own a Redline, but in the right colour combo the Calais-V is a very sharp looking car. I can completely understand why some people chose them over the Redlines.
Agreed.
My Calais V is black with the cream leather interior. A great combo

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Agreed.
My Calais V is black with the cream leather interior. A great combo

here's a reason i chose Redline, cream interiors make me physically ill. Blacked out all the way.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Lol, I didn’t know that! Only had the car just over three years. Is there a switch for them?
They come on automatically when the outside temp is about 2 degrees. You'll see a frost warning on the IP panel too. The rear demister could operate them too but I didn't notice that when I owned my Calais V.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
They come on automatically when the outside temp is about 2 degrees. You'll see a frost warning on the IP panel too. The rear demister could operate them too but I didn't notice that when I owned my Calais V.

the frost warning is something i experienced in my first drive in a VF, it was an SV6 rental.