Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's wrong with VF V8 Calais V's?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I remember looking at Calais as I was considering one when i bought my old clubby and man the interiors were ROUGH.
While I'm not a fan of white/cream/titanium cloth & door-trims, as they have too much connection to 70's American pimps for me, I really don't mind tan leather with black plastics, with either wood or brushed-aluminium highlights.

I'd like something like that in the Volvo, whenever I get around to getting it trimmed.

But my concern is that I've seen so many 10yo to 15yo cars for sale with tan interiors & good-condition leather but which is stained blue from what I assume is jeans. Erk.

The titanium alcantara strip in our otherwise-black-interior MY14 is enough to cause nightmares ... :)

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Lol, I didn’t know that! Only had the car just over three years. Is there a switch for them?

I'm not sure but I think it turns on automatically. Anyways check under the side mirrors and there should be a sensor I think.

Paulymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline 17
caprice and some calais have them not sure what model but father inlaw doesnt have them on his 2016 calais Heated mirrors

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
caprice and some calais have them not sure what model but father inlaw doesnt have them on his 2016 calais Heated mirrors
Looks like it's a Calais V item, non-V Calais didn't have them.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I've completely ripped the roof-lining trim out of our VF so nobody can tell how povo we really are!!
I just ripped the cream "povo pack" roof lining out of my FG Falcon yesterday. The old cream one was falling down and needed replacing so I went black of course using black FGX XR pillar trims!
20220112_172803.jpg

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
here's a reason i chose Redline, cream interiors make me physically ill. Blacked out all the way.

You really won't like my orange MY14 Redline then. lol The black interior is fine, but then again, almost everything sold in Australia is black with highlights of dark grey finished in black. I figured I would get one of the few Australian cars post 2000's that actually broke that unwritten law. My old Ford Territory had an interior finished in that gum grey colour and I think it helped it age much better. Anyway, in hindsight I'm surprised GMH were brave enough to persevere with the light coloured roof lining on the VF Commodore, especially on the SS's. I also remember the tremendous push back GMH got at the launch of the VF for the boot lid spoiler. I came from a Mazda 6 MPS, so I was cool with it, but most of the sales staff at the Holden dealer I ordered my early build VF from were aghast. My salesman even apologised the car had one of the new design. Kind of forgotten now, but a lot of VE owners were in shock when they saw that too. It was like their favourite car had been turned into a sporty Calais and they didn't know what to do about it. Actually that was the entire point if you saw the dealer literature at the time. The Calais V was luxury sports and the Redline was sports luxury. Even the seats on the Redline used a much higher quality foam on early models, although that was cost cut out of the car within a few months of production starting and gradually many of the small details were omitted. Anyway, the cars were supposed to be two interpretations of the same thing, just with different emphasis. Even the HSV range went for a more upmarket, subtle look at the VF launch. They were hoping to find a new buyer for Commodore. Holden was trying to move the car away from the bogan image the earlier Commodores had gotten.

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I just ripped the cream "povo pack" roof lining out of my FG Falcon yesterday. The old cream one was falling down and needed replacing so I went black of course using black FGX XR pillar trims!View attachment 232194
That blue roll-cage looks a little flimsy to me!