Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WHATS YOUR OPINION? LOOKS vs POWER!

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Looks FTW. Low & slow is the way to go. Until the power bug bits anyway.

burner692

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 UTE Zseries
with my old vs ute i went, sound sys. exhaust. suspension & handling mods. i felt it had enough power as it was (and didnt want to waste money on a cheap car)

beaker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
you must have liked the looks to buy it in the first place?
i'd go for power.. sleepers rock!

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
rims, lower, few little cosmetics things, exhaust. then worry about power.

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
id say the looks, unless your wanting to race it.. Because with all the crap laws that are around for driving fast, its a waste of money IMO... Cops cant fine ya for having a nice looking car!! (Unless its too low or something)...
But as others have said you get stuff all extra value on the car for having a jizzed up bodykit.. So really cosmetics isnt gonna get ya more money from your car if you were to sell it...

Honestly if i was me i would spend money on the looks by getting LEDs, HID's maybe a half decent radio that plays USB and bluetooth, nothing too major.. Then going for things that will make the car handle better like suspension upgraded sway bars ETC, as this not only makes the car better and more fun to drive it also makes it somewhat safer to some degree.. Then once all thats done id probably sell the car and start over lol.. But yeah i wouldn't waste my time on CAMS, turbo chargers, & the works.. If i wanted a car that went like a rocket i wouldn't bother buying a commodore thats designed for the average family to use as an everyday car.. Id be looking at a lambo or a porsche type thing..

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
Looks, always looks. Power is for knobs.
Not-sure-if-serious-or-just-being-a-troll.jpg

Attachments

• Not-sure-if-serious-or-just-being-a-troll.jpg
    Not-sure-if-serious-or-just-being-a-troll.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 136

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
It depends, I'm dirt poor right meow so for me it's nothing but fuel for mine atm.
In an ideal world I would personally go for looks first, but plan to go mad with power later.
But that's just my opinion, you can always chop and change but have a plan.
I has plans but no money! hahahah

VL-VP-VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Statesman GEN III
I think it depends, if it looks like a beat up go cart, go for looks first to bring it up too a nice standard atleast. but I don't like the thought of having a lancer pull up beside a hot looking car at a set of lights and leaving it for dead on green. I have not long bought a GEN III statesman, it's a bit rough with a few minor issues, first thing for me is to get all the minor issues sorted out, then I might get the looks tidied up a bit, (bit of panel and paint work) then a set of rims. and then maybe a few engine mods. luckily the GEN III has a bit of power behind it, I wouldn't call it a Hi Performance engine as stock, but it has a bit of power to go with the looks. I did put an exhaust on, I think it should sound good, regardless of looks or power output. I definately won't be going over the top power wise. I don't race so therefor, why spend money on something you won't use, I think sound should go with the looks before the excessive power.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Ive been doing a bit of both.