Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wheel alignment

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
How easily does the VE go out of wheel alignment. Just the last few weeks I have felt the car pulling around on the road surface. Took it to Pedders this week who did a wheel alignment and now it is perfect again. I only got a wheel alignment about 2000Klm ago when the car got lowered. I have hit a few small pot holes since then, but nothing large. Any suggestions as to why it may go out of alignment so easily/quickly.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
You may have experienced some 'sag' in the suspension when the springs and shocks once you drove around for a while. This may have been sufficient to pull the geometry out a little.

That's why it's always better to wait a little between lowering the car, and getting the alignment fixed.

A

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
does this count on my testicles? im experiencing suspension sag, their lowering

evoke the squid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Yes, I've had my VE for around 10 months, changed the front tyres & included an alignment and balance. A few weeks ago, I had the tyres rotated and decided to align and balance again. I was informed that even the smallest pot holes, speed humps or can seriously affect the alignment on VE's.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I wheel align and balance all four wheels once every two months. It's dirt cheap (at most a couple of hundred bucks) and worth it imo.

Shane's SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SV6
I just had a new set of tyres put on my VE yesterday, and the car was in need of an alignment. The guy said it doesnt take much for it to be out and aparrently it can take several adjustments to get the wheel alignment right. He said the VE can be a little bit touchy in this area.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
How easily does the VE go out of wheel alignment. Just the last few weeks I have felt the car pulling around on the road surface. Took it to Pedders this week who did a wheel alignment and now it is perfect again. I only got a wheel alignment about 2000Klm ago when the car got lowered. I have hit a few small pot holes since then, but nothing large. Any suggestions as to why it may go out of alignment so easily/quickly.

definitely the suspension settling in. I had pedders sports ryders installed, and noticed a few thousand k's later that car was a little off. This occurs with most aftermarket suspension, new springs will always take alittle time to settle in.
A wheel alignment will fix your dramas more permanently, but my advice is to wait a little longer. Give it another 1-2,000 k's, and then get the alignment and you'll be fine.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
wow, and just how much do you think a tyre place makes by telling everyone that their car doesnt take much to be out and that you should align every month or two...

ive been told by mates working for a tyre place that you dont ever need to get an alignment unless you change the suspension or if there is a problem, other than that its just people tryin to make money out of you

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
ive been told by mates working for a tyre place that you dont ever need to get an alignment unless you change the suspension or if there is a problem, other than that its just people tryin to make money out of you

Ahh, the good old 15 minute Toe-n-Go

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
i drive a deo for work that weighs in at 2.8T and that needs a wheel alingnment every few monts it doesnt take much to knock em out expecialy when you hit bumps carring a bit of speed weight or both