Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wheel alignment

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
IMO youll spend far more money on alignments than youll get back in tyre life

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
My VY has 123,000 k's and has NEVER had a wheel alignment. Car sits perfectly straight on the road and the tyres wear almost perfecly, too. When I get my next set of front tyres, I will get get an alignment for the hell of it. Not bad for the amount of k's eh? Oh by the way it has standard suspension all round.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
wheel alignment by schedule is useless. the car either needs it, or doesnt. some people will go for 50,000km without needing one, some need it every few months. depends completely on how you drive and where you drive. constant rural/bumpy roads, and I reckon a wheel alignment every few months might not be a bad idea.... but again, only when you notice that it needs it.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Mine's started to wander a bit too, feels like it just pulls by itself in a change in road... it never used to do it. Was near a Bob Jane's and got a wheel alignment done, but it still does the same... maybe I should go to a better place...

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
how much is left on your tyres mine does this when the tyres are getting low on tread

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Heaps of tread left... although the guy at Bob Jane said it will wander a bit when the tyres get low... rotate them. Might try that first... but this is getting a considerable amount of wander.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Mine's started to wander a bit too, feels like it just pulls by itself in a change in road... it never used to do it. Was near a Bob Jane's and got a wheel alignment done, but it still does the same... maybe I should go to a better place...

Isn't there an issue with binding strut tops?