Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel Alignment

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
the scrubbing problem was poor adjustment of a bracket in the suspsen from factory, if the pre delivery was done properly and a wheel alignment and the bracket fix was done the problem would have been fixed,

BruceSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS auto
Does anyone have the factory wheel alignment specs for VE SS
Holden dealer says me they can't tell me because it is not on their system

VF2SSBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS Black Edition Sedan Manual
Just want some opinion on this one - or if someone has some expert insider knowledge please come forward...

Clocked over 10000ks in the new car and as i have always done i took her in for a wheel alignment, balance, rotation - you know - the usual.

This is something i have done with my previous cars - get something like this every 10000ks and to be honest i have gotten some impressive miles out of my rubber.

I was informed today by a collegue that i am a bloody idiot. He recons that the newer cars have single mount points and rigid joints blah blah blah, and hence do not need wheel alignments because these things can't change. He recons all i need to do is the occassional wheel rotation. He went on to tell me how places like Bob jane will happily take my money and perform absolutly nothing.

I'm a driver, not a mechanic - i know sweetFA about this stuff. Does anyone know if this is true or not?
Seriously? Your friend is an idiot. Google "wheel alignment"

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Seriously? Your friend is an idiot. Google "wheel alignment"

Do you know the OP was last on 17 April 2021, so doubt he will pass on your message about his mate and google

One could say, you're an idiot for bringing up a 14 year old thread too, but we'll leave that part alone

VF2SSBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS Black Edition Sedan Manual
Do you know the OP was last on 17 April 2021, so doubt he will pass on your message about his mate and google

One could say, you're an idiot for bringing up a 14 year old thread too, but we'll leave that part alone
Oops. Sorry. Bit harsh mate, but I'm a big boy, I'll take your criticism and move on.

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.

Mate it's easy to do, you get so engrossed in the post from a technical or humorous perspective and if you're lucky you realize that it's an old thread before you go on to the next thread. Heaps of times l've had to go back and cancel the "likes"

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Mate it's easy to do, you get so engrossed in the post from a technical or humorous perspective and if you're lucky you realize that it's an old thread before you go on to the next thread. Heaps of times l've had to go back and cancel the "likes"

I actually click on the new post tab, which helps prevent digging up old threads

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I find thread digs on JC's to be quite nostalgic. This one, at 14 years is right up there.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The funny thing I find about the dig is the comment relating to telling the OP's mate he is an idiot and the OP hasn't been on since April 2021 and the thread being created 14 years ago

None the less, it certainly has spark interest amongst us all... :D :D :D

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
just hit the new post button unless you want to browse old threads in each section